JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
0C07F5FE-8E10-46DA-B99A-A00EDF4C490E.png I'm a touch late to the party but ors166.435(4)(c)(j) adds the spouses of any of the listed relatives as well.

I am not licensed to practice in Oregon, but I believe based on the plain language of the controlling statute that the above two answers are incorrect. A father-in-law does not appear to be in the definition of family member exempt from background checks. ORS 166.435(4)(c) spells out the exempted family members and does not include in-laws. I am open to correction.

I know this is an old post but I needed to research this for a transfer I am planning. In the research I discovered that you can indeed transfer to an in-law per provision 4, (c), (J): "The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph."

I apologize if this already came to light in this discussion as I just found it doing my research.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top