JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're likely going to be purchasing some type of Condo or Townhouse on the Atlantic side of Florida. Trying to figure out the best way to store firearms, since we will also be renting it out. Have done some google searches, but can't seem to find anything. It's looking like I might have to TSA a handgun each trip. Any ideas?

For how long? Maybe put your stuff in a pawn shop.
I saw a thread on here about it, and it seemed to me that you had to get a BGC every time you wanted to pick it up. Could potentially be up to 6 months at a time, because I'll be working full time here in Oregon until I retire or they run me out most likely.

With Brandon (and some Governors) granting people the right to live rent-free* and thus screwing the owners.

Why even think about putting your place up for rent?

*Not to mention the problems with EVICTION.

Aloha, Mark

PS......maybe I should have explained. IMHO..... Rent Free = Rent Forbearance
Yeah....good luck with collecting what is owed.

Last Edited:
I'm talking about VRBO renting it out. Those are pay up front short term like motels, not residency type renting.

I'm talking about VRBO renting it out. Those are pay up front short term like motels, not residency type renting.
Ever hear of "Cash for Keys"? That is where a nice innocent looking girl rents the place for a weekend, then moves her hommie and some fellas in for the long haul. You want them to leave? Then that will be $10,000 cash in exchange for your keys back.

I've been considering something like that but just buying land. Turns out that's not cheap either but fewer taxes and worries.

As far as guns, I would TSA it. At some point it would be business as usual or just deal with state protection. Also, I don't have rentals but have family that does. 50/50. One's been great, renting to a service member the other was Sec 8. Ok until mom died then the nightmares started.

The rental would be short term, like a week at a time. Tenants aren't granted the same rights from what I've read as a long term resident.
Ever hear of "Cash for Keys"? That is where a nice innocent looking girl rents the place for a weekend, then moves her hommie and some fellas in for the long haul. You want them to leave? Then that will be $10,000 cash in exchange for your keys back.
Yeah, this could warrant some further consideration for sure. But the key is to limit the length of stay for the rental so they don't get tenant rights. For short term rental, they don't have the same rights as a long term renter.

Storing firearms at an occupied rental, even using secured methods sounds like a bad idea.
Yeah, that wasn't even being considered. I think it's becoming more and more clear that I just need to TSA a handgun each way.

Hollow out a "real girl " doll. Store pistols inside sex doll , in locked closet, under a pile of similar items. Aim a couple cameras at the pile for good measure.
That seems as though it may have been premeditated prior to my thread! :s0114:
Way too much planning to be improvised..

TSA would not be an option for me.. And until you narrow down the town and property its just kinda hard to tell. Perhaps your condo will come with a garage you can put a safe in or you buy a little house and have a secured shed with safe... Probably lots of options for a wall safe.. False wall in a closet or ??? First find the place you can't live without then make it work for you.. Perhaps you can leave the lower there hidden and just usps the slide when you go... Not sure if you can store a slide in your luggage or not... Probably not carry on I would think :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top