Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Purchased my 2nd firearm and I couldn't be happier..* WARNING BERETTA 92FS CONTENT*

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Adaman, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Adaman

Adaman Portland Oregon New Member

So i picked this up from Keith's last week and I am simply in love with it. I've always wanted one and now I do.

I put 50 rounds through it and am impressed with how smooth and accurate it is. Purchased a Hogue grip for it and it feels amazing even in my large-ish hands. It's the American made version. Any
    recommendations from the Beretta pros out there, if i should change anything on it?

20130718_211144_zps7ecdb4c4.jpg
    20130718_211208_zps973348b3.jpg

2. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Congratulations and just know - acquiring firearms can be addicting. LOL They seem to easily multiply if you get bitten by the bug.

3. Adaman

Ya no kidding! At least it's a cheap hobby.... :laugh:

solv3nt and (deleted member) like this.
  4. peetar

peetar Kitsap County Active Member

Thats a nice one!

5. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I have one similar to yours. I love mine also.

6. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

So dam sexy! She's perfect as is. Afet a year or so I got the itch to trick her out. I slapped an SGS comp on mine and a lighter weight hammer spring. Sorry for the horrid pictures.

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

7. Adaman

Nice collection, your inox is super sexy. How do you like the comp? Lovin the 42 as well. :cool:

8. SVT-ROY

Thank you kindly, you have great taste lol. I absolutely love the comp virtually no muzzle rise. There's a few utube videos on them. Search SGS Beretta. Also come say high at the Beretta forums!

9. Vodoun da Vinci

Vodoun da Vinci Moline, Illinois Member

I have a Beretta 92S that was made just before the US adopted it as a sidearm. It's had a few thousand rounds thru it, with all kinds of ammo, and it still shoots like a sewing machine or sharp pair of scissors. Flawless....

I have never had a failure to feed, a jam, failure to eject, or any hickups, ever, and have been shooting this pistol for like 30 years. Still lovin' it except the double wide stack is a little hard on my small hands. That would be my only complaint is that the handle is a little wide for me.

Congrats on yer new purchase!

VooDoo

10. NavyBob

NavyBob michigan Active Member

I have the 96FS, same as yours only in .40 S&W. All Stainless including the controls. I did once have a 92FS and sold it and wish now I didn't. The firearm is under-rated by many or simply dismissed. I see some for sale with no takers, and they don't know what they are missing. They are great.

The only thing I ungraded on both of mine was to replace the guide rod with a solid stainless.

Have fun.

11. Simonsez

Simonsez Vancouver Wa Member

Hang on to your 92 FS it is a great pistol. The 96 is a different beast.

12. Johnny Corona

Johnny Corona Salem Or New Member

Simonsez, what are your thoughts on the 96, I just took one in, based on my 92 experience. I thought they were pretty much the same gun. What did I do?

13. NavyBob

NavyBob michigan Active Member

It is most definately a different beast. It shoots the .40 S&W and with my Mecgar AFC magazines, I've got 13 +1 at the ready.

14. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

I have a 92FS centurion and it is the bees knees. Absolutely love it. You can do no wrong with a 92, as far as I'm concerned. Just picked up a CX4 Storm that takes 92 mags, which I have a boatload of. Highly recommended as well, complements the pistol like lamb and tuna fish... Good purchase!

15. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

16. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

a stable full of 92's still equals a big pile horse crap :laugh:

17. SVT-ROY

Show your Donkey turd then, ahahahahaha. Na i dont blame you, not everyone can drive a 5-speed. Hows your Honda running?

IMG_20130730_244708_089.jpg

18. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Looking good on the Beretta's. Funny how some guns really get a LOVE/HATE following. Many Beretta's have the smoothest slide action. The slide mounted safety/decocker does take some learning for me.
    May God bless us all,
    Mike