JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Simple, tell an employee and make it their issue. No sense in getting into something over 89 cents, especially since you cannot confirm he didn't pay for it. Yes, it's highly likely he didn't, but he could have gone to customer service, paid and then proceeded to grab one and eat it.

Most likely he stole it though.

How many people here can honestly say they haven't shoplifted at least one thing in their youth? Come on.

I can. I never shoplifted in my youth. Not even so much as a piece of bare candy from the candy station. My parent's would have beat me to a bloody pulp, and there was nothing worth the mental and physical abuse that would have been given to me for doing such.

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point, in a whole 1984 kids tattling on the parents thing. Yes, I understand your point there, but if you see a law being broken, or some other wrong being done, I don't believe you should sit idly by. I think the blind eye and head in the sand approach is never a good thing.

I see this argument as one of the problems we are having with society; too many good people willing to look the other way instead of providing mentoring, deterrent, and discipline for our lost youth. It kind of makes me wonder how many good people looked the other way while Adam Lanza was progressing through the stages that ultimately led to his disaster. It is about a simple doughnut (which I am now craving), but it is also about teaching our youth some morals and respect. If we fail to look beyond our own noses those we ignore may go on and worsen society and weaken our personal rights (hmmm, young men commuting crimes with gun and giving fuel to anti-gun legislation). I think the people who ignore these simple problems and sit back spouting one's personal freedom to commit a crime bear the blame of society's degradation.

MrsKravitz.jpg

(.....snip...)

We are a society of non-thinking mindless drones who know nothing, except we are programmed and conditioned to 'report' on anything that might be deemed a threat to the hive. So, if you want to be narc-proof, be exactly like everyone else, don't say certain things, don't own guns, stick a flag in your car window, don't have any fringe views or opinions, etc. Oh wait, squealers also love to make things up to cover their own arse. So you might be screwed even if you waive the white flag and agree just to STFU.

Exactly.

I'm sure the donut defenders here never:

Burn treated or painted wood?
Strip paint from a home built before '78 without containment?
Dump wate liquids down the toilet?
Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Wash out chemicals in your driveway?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Dispose of shingles, tiles, plaster, or mastic without an asbestos determination?
Speed?
Transport a firearm not quite legally?
Concealed carry without a license?
Smoke within 25' of a door or air intake?
Sneak a flask into a concert?
Drink a half beer more than you should then drive?

Nothing? Ever?

:s0114:

All of those things are basically against the law - yet people are talking about the rule of law and society as it pertains to eating a donut while in a store before paying for it.

You must be joking.

Maybe not all of you, but I suspect most of you are hypocrites on this subject.

Your rant sucked - from a shoplifter to fascist goverment. Give me a break.

I eat things now and again in the store, muffin, maybe some jojo's, whatever.

I also pay for it when I leave. Mind your own business, Mr. Busybody.

As for all the other rats in this thread, nobody likes a tattle tale.

Pay for it and then eat it, not the other way around.

Exactly.

Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Dispose of shingles, tiles, plaster, or mastic without an asbestos determination?
Speed?

Nothing? Ever?

All of those things are basically against the law - yet people are talking about the rule of law and society as it pertains to eating a donut while in a store before paying for it.

You must be joking.

I either do or have done all of those things more than once...and will continue to do most of them (I don't smoke cigarettes anymore). I will also eat a donut before I hit the register if I damn well please.

Exactly.

Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Speed?

Nothing? Ever?

You must be joking.

But, everyone is not such a dick about it.

Exactly.

Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Speed?

Nothing? Ever?

You must be joking.

I've done most of those. Sometimes I drink a soda or a pint of milk while grocery shopping. It turns into an empty bottle in the cart that I run through the checkout. Never had an issue or been asked not to do so.

Exactly.

Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Speed?

Nothing? Ever?

You must be joking.

I'm sorry, which of the items on your laundry list did you equate with theft?
The comments are regarding the unauthorized use of someone's private property.
And if you drive while under the influence then you are a special kind of a-hole.

Exactly.

Burn garbage?
Ever burn plastic?
Litter?
Spill oil?
Fudge on tax returns?
Speed?

Nothing? Ever?

You must be joking.

There is a big difference ignoring laws thar were created for the purpose of controlling an individual and theft.
Someone who steals from a store would likely think nothing of grabbing something from the back of your pickup.
A thief is a thief, and unless that person is stealing because they are hungry or their family is hungry and they have no means to buy that food, that thief is a low life scum.
Was not that long ago where cow and horse thieves were hung in this country.
There are still places in this world today were theft will cost you your hand.

I'm sorry, which of the items on your laundry list did you equate with theft?
The comments are regarding the unauthorized use of someone's private property.
And if you drive while under the influence then you are a special kind of a-hole.

Wait. Weren't you the guy opining about society abiding by rules?

Oh yes....

The foundation of society requires that everyone abides by rules. Rules that protect the rights and property of others. One reason why we have such a massive overburden of law enforcement and government is because individuals won't handle anything on their own. That's why 'sheeple' call 911 because jack in the crack left the pickles off of their burger. If people like the kid in the OP knew society, not the cops etc..., wouldn't stand for bus theft then he would be much less likely to take it. And if his friends saw him get what for after taking it then. They would think twice next time too.
Same analogy as above but I damn well guarantee that if some punk walked across your property and picked something up you would want your neighbor to either stop them or alert you.

All of those rules are there to do something.

I notice you didn't volunteer any info on rules you have broken.

Burn treated wood in your burn pile? You just infringed my right to breath air unaltered by you burning garbage.

Pour our solvent or oil onto the ground? It can impact your neighbors clean water supply.

Ever over-estimate a write off for that bag of clothes you dropped off at Goodwill? Theft.

Ever download a pic from the internet? An MP3 file? Movie? Theft, theft, theft.

Eating a donut while shopping, and then paying for it? Not so much of anything, really. You calling it a crime doesn't make it so.

Give me your address, and I'll hang out for a week and call the cops every time I think you violate a rule.

So if you think its ok to consume food products how about hard products?
Hypothetical: So I'm shopping with my wife and child when all of a sudden my 2yr old son craps himself conveniently in the diaper isle. I quickly grab a package of diapers along with some kleen wipes and change him right there. Note: There was a sign on the restroom door that says I cannot bring unpaid merchandise into said restroom.
I continue on my way and decide to self check only having a few items. Scan everything but when I get to the diapers the scanner screaming and yelling at me to put the item back because the weight is off from the missing diaper. Not to mention I have a crappy diaper in the cart as there is no where to dispose of it.
Do I put the crappy diaper in with the clean ones to make the scale happy or will the baby duece make it too heavy?:s0054: a8evyme2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So if you think its ok to consume food products how about hard products?
Hypothetical: So I'm shopping with my wife and child when all of a sudden my 2yr old son craps himself conveniently in the diaper isle. I quickly grab a package of diapers along with some kleen wipes and change him right there. Note: There was a sign on the restroom door that says I cannot bring unpaid merchandise into said restroom.
I continue on my way and decide to self check only having a few items. Scan everything but when I get to the diapers the scanner screaming and yelling at me to put the item back because the weight is off from the missing diaper. Not to mention I have a crappy diaper in the cart as there is no where to dispose of it.
Do I put the crappy diaper in with the clean ones to make the scale happy or will the baby duece make it too heavy?:s0054: a8evyme2.jpg

Diapers aren't a weighed commodity, neither are baby wipes. Your argument is invalid. The "my brain is full of f***" picture is very fitting for your poorly crafted post, though.

Wait. Weren't you the guy opining about society abiding by rules?

Oh yes....

All of those rules are there to do something.

I notice you didn't volunteer any info on rules you have broken.

Burn treated wood in your burn pile? You just infringed my right to breath air unaltered by you burning garbage.

Pour our solvent or oil onto the ground? It can impact your neighbors clean water supply.

Ever over-estimate a write off for that bag of clothes you dropped off at Goodwill? Theft.

Ever download a pic from the internet? An MP3 file? Movie? Theft, theft, theft.

Eating a donut while shopping, and then paying for it? Not so much of anything, really. You calling it a crime doesn't make it so.

Give me your address, and I'll hang out for a week and call the cops every time I think you violate a rule.

Nice dodge.
While I think eating something before you pay for it in a store is wrong and abusive of the private property rights of the business owner, the main question here now is whether or not it is right to alert a property owner to an apparent misuse or theft of their property.
Try to keep up.
Also, downloading of copy written material is theft. There are also public domain laws. Many internet images fall within that category.
None of the rest of hour list fall under private property rights so quit trying to squirm away from the topic at hand.

Diapers aren't a weighed commodity, neither are baby wipes. Your argument is invalid. The "my brain is full of f***" picture is very fitting for your poorly crafted diatribe, though.
I'd hardly call it a diatribe since I did not quote or address anyone in my post. If you took it as an attack, that's not what I intended. Thanks for your diatribe response to my hypothetical situation. :beer:

Nice dodge.

Says the person that's avoided every question put to him. :s0114:

It isn't theft until you leave. Period.

This isn't about donuts anyway. It's about you nanny state snitches nosing into other people's business and ratting them out when you don't have the facts.

You must have a beautiful glass house.

Nice sidetrack. Theft is theft, period. If you did it once or twice long ago and repented and don't do it no more then that's different. If you do it now and think you are cool you are an asswipe

Burn treated or painted wood? No
Strip paint from a home built before '78 without containment? No
Dump wate liquids down the toilet? No
Burn garbage? No
Ever burn plastic? No
Litter? Does throwing the Sunday Oregonian out the window count?
Wash out chemicals in your driveway? Yes
Spill oil? Yes
Fudge on tax returns? No. I know who the real mobsters are and I'm not interested in fighting them or trying to take away their cut.
Dispose of shingles, tiles, plaster, or mastic without an asbestos determination? Yes.
Speed? 147.5 mph beach cruise
Transport a firearm not quite legally? No, see above, same as IRS
Concealed carry without a license? No frigging way, same as IRS
Smoke within 25' of a door or air intake? No, smoking is for retards.
Sneak a flask into a concert? Of course. I sneak them on planes.
Drink a half beer more than you should then drive? Only a half?

Nothing? Ever? - all that, and I am the most pristine, innocent person on this forum filled with vile, dirty, lawbreaking evil doers.

Burn treated or painted wood? No
Strip paint from a home built before '78 without containment? No
Dump wate liquids down the toilet? No
Burn garbage? No
Ever burn plastic? No
Litter? Does throwing the Sunday Oregonian out the window count?
Wash out chemicals in your driveway? Yes
Spill oil? Yes
Fudge on tax returns? No. I know who the real mobsters are and I'm not interested in fighting them or trying to take away their cut.
Dispose of shingles, tiles, plaster, or mastic without an asbestos determination? Yes.
Speed? 147.5 mph beach cruise
Transport a firearm not quite legally? No, see above, same as IRS
Concealed carry without a license? No frigging way, same as IRS
Smoke within 25' of a door or air intake? No, smoking is for retards.
Sneak a flask into a concert? Of course. I sneak them on planes.
Drink a half beer more than you should then drive? Only a half?

Nothing? Ever? - all that, and I am the most pristine, innocent person on this forum filled with vile, dirty, lawbreaking evil doers.

I have to call BS on this Burt. You are too interesting of a person to be squeaky clean. You have to be boring and dull like myself to be squeaky clean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top