JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need to spend a ton of money on tools, but I wouldn't use anything on my or anyone's guns, from Harbor Freight or for that matter....from Home Depot either.

Look at Brownells, and get a punch set made by Starrett...the last one you will ever need.

I've boiled my choices for AR work down to roll pin holders, a couple of punches, stock wrench, barrel wrench and a brass hammer.
Brownell's and Midway.

I also use some UHMW instead of tape, to protect the lower, when I install the bolt catch pin.

I made my own pivot pin tool.

In addition to punches and small hammers, you must get a set of gunsmith screwdrivers. That's the best way to make sure you don't bugger up screws of all sizes. You can buy sets with a few or a lot of selections, but definitely do not use anything else.

Wheeler Engineering's large kit (changeable bit) will do 99% of anything you'd ever need.

A vise and some leather pads makes work quite a bit easier, too.

I have used the starrett punches quit a bit, but have found them to be a bit on the hard side, and I always break the smaller ones. Craftsman punches is what I use seeing how they are local and have the lifetime warranty. I do still use the starrett but just don't hit them as hard as the craftsman.

Small dead blow hammer
6oz brass hammer on one side and uhmw on the other
Magna tip screwdriver set from brownells
Workbench pad so u don't scratch stuff up

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class