JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brass end down- Easier to reload for me, and the Three in front are Slug- so a constant confidence builder.

Was told LE keeps them brass end up- so they don't rattle loose in the cruiser rack.

How do you keep yours - and why?

I have a butt stock side saddle and I keep my brass top up. I suppose if I had the side saddle on my receiver and it was tight enough that brass down would be fine.

I don't use one because I'm a lefty and everything is awful. I've gotten pretty darn good at loading 2 shells at once from the pocket, though

Yep!
And yep again!

It's how all the cool kids do it!:s0155:

sorry...
1294950816840.gif 1322230164020.gif

Brass down for me, and I load two #4 buck...two 00 buck...two slugs at the rear so when my brain quits.....and I can unload either way. Thanks all!

There are several factors at play here...depends on handedness, the priority set on port loading vs tube loading, presence of an optic and cross training of platforms.

I'm left handed, with my 870 I preferred my brass up as it is very fluid to roll the ejection port up and drop a shell in, close the action and get back to work, no work present tube loading is the same fluid stroke just a littler longer and little thumb action.

Fast forward to 2019 and enter the Beretta 1301 with an Aimpoint Micro, brass up turn out to be a hinderance and no longer the most efficient method of loading so brass down becomes it. At this point I put consistency over efficacy so the 870 has to go brass down too, but if I only ever touched a pump I'd run brass up.

Oh and the best "side saddle" on the planet is made by Aridus Industries. and rest of his 1301 stuff is just as badazz.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads