JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In Washington state you can drive around with a loaded pistol as long as it isn't concealed or concealed with a CPL. You can't have a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle or even leaning against it. Now that Oregon has designated the Tac-14 and Shockwave's as pump pistol, are OR residents able to drive around with these loaded in their vehicles? I haven't checked but assume that since WA is going by the firearm designation that these guns would not be vehicle loaded legal. Looks like OR's goofy designation will allow this. I'm no lawyer but I did spend a night at a Howard Johnsons. I would like to know if my thoughts are correct or out in left field.

It would be my opinion that packing one of those around "loaded" , in a vehicle, is very likely to get you into trouble. Not all LEOs are really up on all the new laws and regulations. That's what will get you into trouble.

I think there was another thread on this,it may have been another site but someone mentioned how it becomes federally illegal once it become concealed.something about it becoming a AOW by atf classification once you conceal it.

In Washington state you can drive around with a loaded pistol as long as it isn't concealed or concealed with a CPL. You can't have a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle or even leaning against it. Now that Oregon has designated the Tac-14 and Shockwave's as pump pistol, are OR residents able to drive around with these loaded in their vehicles? I haven't checked but assume that since WA is going by the firearm designation that these guns would not be vehicle loaded legal. Looks like OR's goofy designation will allow this. I'm no lawyer but I did spend a night at a Howard Johnsons. I would like to know if my thoughts are correct or out in left field.

Oregon didn't "designate" squat. They misinterpreted the definition of a "firearm," "shotgun," and spent three weeks talking to "someone" at the DOJ; probably the janitor. These types of guns are "firearm, pistol grip," which is NOT a pistol. It's a Q code when doing a BGC, not PP (pistol, pump). You still have to be 21 to purchase, just like with any "firearm, receiver, etc."

Legally they CAN'T be considered pistols for two reasons.

1. They are longer that 26" in OAL, making them a firearm. If you conceal it, it could be considered an AOW.
2. They have a smooth bore. Which, in the case of a pistol (under 26", no shoulder stock) would classify it as an AOW.

They could have talked to someone familiar with gun laws for five minutes, and/or read the ATF letter that came out approving them as title 1 firearms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top