JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy a decent condition Puma/Rossi .45 Cal. carbine or Trapper. Model '92 or '94 style, 20 or 16 inch barrel only and NO safety mechanism! Willing to pay according to condition and function. I'd like a decent shooter that's not trashed. IM me or call me at (503) 884-1991. Thank you.

Your inbox is full. This was intended for you but here it is for any passing observes to see...

Howdy, I have the rifle you described in your wanted ad. It's refreshing to see others not willing to accept the safety abomination tarnishing one of the most beautiful designs of the most brilliant designer in history.

I did the deep dive on the 92 several years back and ended up with multiple specimens. I shopped carefully for mine. The one I am offering resides at the top of the heap of what is out there. It is, in my opinion, from the golden years of these Rossis. An early model, pre-safety of course, with the really dark Brazilian wood furniture. In subsequent years they started putting the import roll marks on the side of the receiver, distracting from those glorious flats. Mine is before that. The fitment of the wood around the upper tang and metal in general is impressive, beating out many high dollar Winchesters I've encountered and sadly most Marlins (huge 39a guy here) priced in a higher class.

Mine has not been fired outside of Brazil that I am aware of. There is no wear on the loading gate. The action is stiff in that not broken in way. It is devoid of blemishes. It includes the factory box and paperwork. It is the 20" blued model in 45 Colt. My price is towards the upper end of the range (not including the rare 454, 480 models) for these but I believe there is justification for it beyond just what I paid for it myself.

I don't have pictures handy at the moment but if you're interested at $750 I can provide some with a bit of time. I would normally take this to Gunbroker where I believe it would fetch more, beyond covering the listing fees, but convenience has a value..

Thanks, Nate

Last Edited:
Do you have a pic? I know the color of the wood you mention. I'm not a big fan of it but imagine it could be lightened. Does it have a saddle ring? You can send a pic to my phone if that's easiest, 503 884-1991

Nate

Hey Nate,

No saddle ring.

20230306_211454.jpg 20230306_211514.jpg 20230306_211549.jpg 20230306_211929.jpg 20230306_211946.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.