JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you can go out of town a way in the woods, but there is a lot of private property. You should go talk to the guys at that gun shop that is kind of over by Tri-State in Moscow. They seemed pretty cool and could probably point you in the right direction. Only places I have ever really shot, was at my grandparents' house out north of town, and out by Laird park. Its a bit of a drive to get there, but its real pretty place IMO. I have shot some 22's at my dad's house out east of town, but they lack a good back stop and directions to safely shoot anything larger than that. If you can get in with a local farmer or hunter I am sure you could find a place a bit closer in. There are lots of people out there with property that could easily shoot on. Its just finding the right person with the right property. Off hand, I don't think there are any official ranges out there to my knowledge. But I'd try that gun shop. Probably be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the info Cheeze, I'll pass it on to my son. He's just moved to the area so doesn't know his way around much yet. I told him to do some sightseeing in the country and to look for open areas that look to be used by shooters...we all know of the targets left behind by some...so if they're out there they'll be to spot. :(

I did find a range called the " <broken link removed> " that is run by the Lewiston Pistol Club so I'll tell him to look into it as well.

Lewiston is about 40miles south, but not a terrible drive. Bit bigger than Moscow/pullman though, so there is a little more to do down there. But you really have to be careful out there as there is little to no public land like BLM or the like. Lots of timber land, but you really have to go about an hour north or east to get anywhere where you can go shooting unless you know someone. They do have some gun shows from time to time at the Latah County fairgrounds in moscow. That might also be a good place to go for info. I went to one a couple years ago when I was there visiting family, and it wasn't bad given the size of the venue (very small compared to the Portland Shows). Its all about getting networked in. Eventually I am sure he could find someone to help him with his plight.

But a big +1 on the sight seeing. Lots of pretty scenery out there, especially to the north and the east.

Lewiston is about 40miles south, but not a terrible drive. Bit bigger than Moscow/pullman though, so there is a little more to do down there. But you really have to be careful out there as there is little to no public land like BLM or the like. Lots of timber land, but you really have to go about an hour north or east to get anywhere where you can go shooting unless you know someone. They do have some gun shows from time to time at the Latah County fairgrounds in moscow. That might also be a good place to go for info. I went to one a couple years ago when I was there visiting family, and it wasn't bad given the size of the venue (very small compared to the Portland Shows). Its all about getting networked in. Eventually I am sure he could find someone to help him with his plight.

But a big +1 on the sight seeing. Lots of pretty scenery out there, especially to the north and the east.

lol, as a matter of fact I believe that a gun show is in progress at the fairgrounds as we type, and I think he said he's going to stop by and check it out!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top