Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pulling "Assault" rifles from the shelfs.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by feetchermancj, Dec 19, 2012.

1. feetchermancj

feetchermancj Central Oregon Member

Most of you already know that dicks has pulled and stopped selling "assault" rifles for the time being. I work in Fred Meyers and just got done talking to the manager who deals with all the guns. Kroger is having all their stores, including Fred Meyers, Pull their ar and ar style rifles from the shelf. As of right now they will still sell them to you they are just not going to display them.

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I saw 6 people in line at the Scappoose Fred's gun counter last night and the rack looked like it was slim pickings. I usually never see anyone at that counter. Though that Fred's rarely had anything other than 1-2 AR's. You'd think they announced a alien invasion on the way

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

At least they're still selling them.

Keith

4. feetchermancj

feetchermancj Central Oregon Member

Just putting this out there for people looking for AR's. If you don't see them at freds still asks because they aren't displaying them.

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I see what is happening as a sample of an economic collapse scenario on a tiny scale. In a few hours or days in a dollar collapse, store shelves will be bare.

People see it happening at first, but don't believe it is really a concern since Fast Freddy's has always had everything they have needed since they were a kid (normalcy bias).

So they don't hop to it, get out there immediately, and get what they need.

By the time they realize the supply (in this case, food) is actually being depleted quickly and they get off their butt and act, everything is gone. Right now, we are entering into the slight incline of a hockey stick graphical curve in terms of firearms and related items.

That is what is happening now. Ammo, and all other related items you have taken for granted as easily available will not be just weeks or short months from now as the panic gets exponentially worse.

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  6. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Damn, I was thinking of heading to the range today and shoot couple hundred rounds, guess I'll save them now...

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  7. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

So now they are like Hustler Magazines-We will sell them to you if you ask for one. But they are not on "Display" for the general public. I wonder if AR's sold now are leave the store in a big black plastic bag and does the store employee get embaressed and red in the face during the sale?

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  8. novamind

So now they are like Hustler Magazines-We will sell them to you if you ask for one. But they are not on "Display" for the general public. I wonder if AR's sold now are leave the store in a big black plastic bag and does the store employee get embaressed and red in the face during the sale?

9. novamind

I bet all my posts will be double.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Burt Gummer

We need to stop joining in with the gov/corp media's word play games and stop calling semi-auto rifles "ASSAULT WEAPONS or ASSAULT RIFLES". A full auto rifle, that is only available when a private citizen pays a small fortune and jumps through all sorts of ATF/legal hoops/fees/registration and rubber glove treatment, is not the same thing as a semi-auto rifle you purchase at Bi-Mart.

Every single story on the news is 'assault this' 'assault that' - our owners love word play and manipulation. The least we can do as a firearm's community is not go right along with it. When I hear 'assault rifle' I think other idiotic words they have come up with like 'evil doers' and 'regime' (for any nation's leadership we want to destroy).

[video=youtube;yATeti5GmI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATeti5GmI8&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

11. novamind

Burt I think your on target here. OFF says to buy ammo.:thumbup:

12. Lush

Lush Seattle, Washington, United States Active Member

I bought a gun at big 5 about a year ago. They taped bags over the box and taped the Box shut.

13. Burt Gummer

Firearms, the new condoms or KY lol. Stick them under your other grocery items lol!!!

14. dehamma

dehamma portland Member

Homeland Defense Rifles. . . .HDRs for short. . . .

15. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

I like that phrase!

16. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Cool video, good on the San Jose PD. I think it's funny that cops from LA are actually testifying that gun laws are pointless and the media is lying. Yet, the politicians keep insisting there is an issue with guns that the cops say aren't actually on the streets.