1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Public shooting areas near detroit lake

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Ttuck, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Does anybody know of any shooting areas near Detroit lake? Some family and I are going to be camping at Detroit this weekend to do some fishing, and i was wanting to do some shooting to while i am up there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

There was a place, just east of gates and i mean, just. It was on the left hand side as your going up to Detroit. There was this logging road heading up but there was a branch off of it that had a pretty flat, open area where I used to shoot years ago. you can take a look there and see if its still there.
    Last time I was there was around d 15 years ago camped overnight and could hear elk going up the road and black bears eating the berries around the clearing. a fun night i tell ya.
  3. Cremator75

Cremator75 Portland, OR Active Member

Keep going past the main campground a mile or so. Turn left at the gravel road (French Creek Rd) just before the bridge. Go back at least a mile (I think there is a sign that actually says that) and you'll find several places to shoot depending on what type of firearms your shooting.