Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Public shooting area near Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by PlayboyPenguin, May 23, 2016.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good public shooting area near Vancouver? Coordinates would be appreciated.

2. nwslopoke

nwslopoke forest grove Well-Known Member

The English Pit. Outdoor public range. $18ish and you can use your own ammo.

Larrytpdx likes this.
  3. Cataphract

Cataphract Washougal Member

There's also an indoor range, Safe Fire, that opened between Vancouver and Camas... Little spendy (think it's $20 per hour) but folks seem to like it and it gets you out of the rain.

4857 NW Lake Rd
    Camas, WA 98607.

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Drive into the national forest in your jeep and you'll find plenty of spots to shoot.

Koda likes this.
  5. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great place. Outdoor range with covered shooting positions. Both pistol and rifle ranges. Bring your own ammo with no extra fee or buy ammo there. Firearm rentals.
    http://englishpit.com/

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I know he already shoots there. I think his OP was for a public shooting place, such as public land, etc.

7. Cataphract

That's getting tougher and tougher to find. A lot of the places I used to shoot at up around Larch are getting shut down due to development and/or people trashing the place.

Joe13 likes this.
  8. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

you can shoot anywhere on state and national (federal) forest land. The Yacolt Burn State forest is right out your backdoor... honestly all you need is a full tank of gas and a map and a day of exploring.

here is a map showing state and federal land boundaries: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/?type=BLM_ORWA&zoom=11&center=45.705211,-122.272697&note= (blue = state, green = federal)
    You can call the Yacolt Burn St. Forest headquarters and ask if they know any locations. They list a few specific locations that are closed on their website http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Yacolt

If I recall correctly I think you need a Discover Pass to park for any length of time anywhere on state lands in Washington. You generally don’t in National Forest lands like the Gifford Pinchot.

teb and Cataphract like this.
  9. Cataphract

Thanks for the links Koda. I'll have to check them out to see if I can find some new spots