JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The landscape is changing. We use to be able to sit back and be quiet, but those days are over as anti-2nd amendment groups have become well funded, aggressive, nasty and well organized. This thread is about "What can we all do to help or contribute?" Here are some tips I picked up from these very forums, a bunch of us are doing them. Best of all, it takes but a few moments and then you're all but done thinking about it. If you are doing something not noted here, please put it down and share with us all.

***First) I have Amazon fund my support for gun ownership. Every item I buy on Amazon is through the Amazon Smile program and they fund the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFA) for me. It cost me nothing, and you can do it as well. Type Amazon Smile in your browser or go to Amazon.com Help: Change Your AmazonSmile Charitable Organization to learn how do set it up. The trick is to delete your regular Amazon bookmark and use the Smile.Amazon one. It's all the same except for the charitable donation. Amazon has given over 80 million bucks to charities. My charity, "Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation" (just copy paste this into choose your charity box on Amazon Smile to make your registration easy, or select your own) has only received $2,390.75 of that as of last month. You can select the NRA if you wish as they are a choice as well, I'm trying to keep it local.

"On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can change your selection at any time.

To change your charitable organization:
  1. smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
  2. From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
  3. Select a new charitable organization to support.
If you are browsing regular Amazon because you were following a link and want the donation applied, simply put the item you want into your cart and open a new browser window, click the smile.Amazon link bookmark you made earlier. The item is in your cart, simply check out to have them send the charitable donation. It has to say in the header (along with all the other things) Smile.Amazon to get the donation.
Amazon Sign In

*** Next) Everytime I buy something at Fred Meyer, Oregon Firearms Federation gets a small donation as well. Go to https://www.fredmeyer.com/topic/rewards-3 and set up an account. They'll send you a Fred Meyer rewards card, just swipe it like a credit card or give it to the cashier and bam, donation to OFA. Believe me brothers, this stuff adds up.

I may seem complex to set up, but it's not. In fact it's faster to set up than what I just typed/posted - and then you're done. I don't get a bunch of junk mail or spam and you can change it or delete it at anytime.

Spread the word around and if you have any tricks please share them too, maybe together we can make a difference.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top