JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was a long time ago, but I remember going to an outdoor, public range maybe a couple hundred yards from some highway near Bend, OR as a teen. Does anyone know where this might be? I'm not in the Bend area a lot, but would like to go back. I also remember that the directions we were given involved finding the turn-off by a particular mile marker.

Any help would be great!

Perhaps you're thinking of the COSSA range? cossa

I've looked around for places to shoot down there myself when we vacation in the area, haven't had much luck with anyone giving up info on public shooting spots.

I think I know which one you are talking about and it was still there at least it was there 2 years ago when I drove by it. Its a small range maybe 25 seating x 100 yards. and it was like you said maybe a couple hundred yards in to the sign then another 100 to the actually range. There is no fee and no one there to even take a fee its a free use brought to you by the NRA range. Its off a main highway leaving bend going east.

Now here is what disgusted me . Here is a free range for people to shoot at yet driving another half mile up the road there is a cattle troff that some morons shot up . 7.62x39 cases all around it and holes all over it. I could see where the rancher had patched some but finally gave up.

Its disgusting to see any property destroyed by shooters but to when there is a free public range so close you just got to wonder.

If its been closed off since then it will be because of morons like that.

Last Edited:
Too bad, but there will always be losers, morons, a$$holes, etc. that don't give a single sh!t for what their actions mean for others. They will ruin, destroy and waste anything for a few laughs, damn the consequences and damn anyone else who has to pay for what they do.

Personally, I'd love to see some serious punishment for people that do this to ranges or public lands. Public caning would be a good start.

We found a place people shoot just North of Gilchrist. I think this is in the Gilchrist State Forest now. It had a couple of shooting lanes, some crude shooting huts, and of course the trash, shell casings, graffiti, etc. which you find associated with any public shooting spot now it seems. It's a short distance east of Hwy 97. I'm haven't been by there in a couple of years, so I don't know if it's still there or not.....

I hope this link works....I'm not that skilled at this kind of stuff....it did work for me when I copied and pasted it....

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.502952,-121.6579905,506m/data=!3m1!1e3

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads