JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was in school. We where taught the 'Pledge of Allegiance'. We had Christmas shows that the entire school took part in. We sang songs about God, Country and standing up for the American way of life.
We where taught to be good citizens. I even had a shop teacher in High School take time to teach us how to dress for a job interview!
We went outside and played at recess. We had PT every day.
We where active. In body, mind and, spirit.
I think we need to 'Get back to Basic's'.

Do the Boy Scouts of America still have a Merit Badge for 'Marksmanship"?

I hate the idea of these pukes teaching anything to kids.

I want a law passed the teaches the 'Bill of Rights' and 'Washington State Constitution' in public school.

How can anyone know their Rights are being violated if they don't know what they are?

No more Marksmanship Merit Badge

Marksmanship ran from 1911 to 1966 it was then Replaced by Rifle and Shotgun Shooting in 1966. The current Merit badge that would apply is Rifle Shooting (one of five I got as a Tenderfoot)

Rifle Shooting

If you go the the Boy Scouts of America Site Shooting is also part of the Scouting program in something called Venturing. Which appears to be an additional program to the regular scouting.

I know the week I spent at Camp Pioneer above Detroit Oregon as a Scout I spent 80% of my free time at the Rifle range. Shooting a Single shot .22LR I went through the Brick of .22 shells dad had sent me with and I think I spent almost all my spending money buying more from the range.

By the way the Eagle Scout who was over seeing the Rifle range is now an Astronaut named Don Petit.

Astronaut Bio: Don Pettit (12/2008)

His Brother over saw the Archery Range (where I spent time when my .22 ammo money ran out LOL)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top