JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the PT 145, and some one wants to trade me a ceramic coated Glock 19 for it. The Glock is cammo (not so hot on that:eek: ) but looks and feels to be in good shape.
Looking for advice here, is it worth my Taurus? I have never had a glock before, keep hearing mixed things about them.

value wise you would be getting the better deal i think. I personally prefer
glocks but those pro's are nice looking pistols.

You could always repaint it if you don't like the camo.

I was thinking of that. Will it stick to the ceramic coating? I'm new to the painting a gun thing. I was wondering how the ceramic coat sticks to the polymer frame:s0092:

Just need to beed blast the old finish off and put on the new, i would use duracoat though it's the best on the market, i have coated alot of guns with it.

If you weren't clear down in Medford i would tell you to bring it over and we would give it a paint job.

I have seen a bunch of people who have painted glock polymer. Personally, I prefer glocks, but like them with their stock finish.

You would be trading up, IMHO. But of course, this sort of thing is all based on what you personally like. If you don't like the way the glock looks, pass on it...

Wishy washy enough for you?

Beating a dead horse I think, but yes, the Glock is worth trading your Taurus for. The only Glocks that seem to get a nasty reputation are the .40 and .357 Sig for not fully supporting their caseheads. I don't believe I've heard too many negatives with the model 19. I would not trust my life to the Taurus, as I've personally seen too many problems with them. I've seen one shatter four firing pins in a row (each one requiring a trip back to Florida for fixing).
Duracoat and ceramicoating should both work on making the glock respectable looking. Post some pictures of the transformation if you are so inclined to do the deal. I'm sure other people would benefit from you experiences.
Good luck, have fun.

Thanks for the input guys:) If I do get the Glock I will do a write up on the color change when I do it. The more searching I do the more I see that the 19's do seem to get a lot of high marks for quality and reliability.

While the Glock may be 'worth' more, if it doesn't feel right in your hand, don't make the deal. I almost bought a Glock, but found the Taurus was a much better fit, and it has a better grip angle for me.

When I held the Glock and raised my hand up to aim, the end of the barrel was pointed up slightly and I had to stop to lower it to aim correctly. The Taurus has a less angled stock so that when I raise to aim it is level.

This is something to consider. Get a Glock and practice raising your arm from your side and see how it feels and aims.

I have had no problems with my Millennium PT145 Pro. It is going to be my carry piece when I get my CC permit.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I know there are alot of Taurus fans out there, but I just cant figure out why???? Ive never owned one, but I know people who have, and I just have heard nothing but bad things about them. Ive heard their wheel guns are somewhat OK, but their auto's have gotten horrible reviews from everyone Ive ever talked with about them. People having to send them back to the factory over and over again for serious problems. Id rather spend the extra money and know I was getting quality in something I might rest my life on one day. Id trade for the Glock, ASAP.

The only Taurus I have heard of being a problem (1st hand, not web info.) is the new 24/7 OSS, and just in the .45. I had one my self, finicky eater to say the least. The Mil. PRO's get GREAT reviews, and mine has been reliable as anything I have ever owned. I personally know 4 other owners that have the same thing to say:)
I know people who have many other Taurus models that love them, wheel guns, and autos.
I have NO issues trusting my life to this gun:s0155:

WOW! This Glock is a LOT more comfortable to carie than the Taurus was:)
I think the camo might even grow on me, it's in great shape (the coating) and a unique pattern.

Here it is:)

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

skud-- It almost looks like the duracoat got streched out a little on that glock, is that supposed to be like a crazy digi camo, or am I right? Still looks good though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top