JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought my ammo because I believed that over the years the price would go up in part because of lawsuits I saw against manufacturers. Of course I also was unsure what the political situation would be long term.

I don't consider myself a hoarder because I simply bought a lifetime supply for myself.

I just looked and I have 28 bricks of .22lr. I've never sold any but my health is slipping and I may decide to.

A lot of us also have a lot more guns than we "need" but that doesn't stop us.

Cheers

I also want to go sage rat hunting this year for the first time in a few years. I plan to invite a couple of friends and we won't run short of ammo. I just don't like being short of something and would rather stock up.

I work at Cabelas a few nights a week to support my shooting habit. I laugh at the hoarders that come into the hunting department. I had a guy tell me once he has over 20k rounds and doesn't even own a 22 LR rifle.

The trick is not coming on a Thursday or the second Monday of the week, or showing up on a Saturday afternoon at say 4 pm and being upset there is non on the shelves. Just swing by in the mornings and take a look or at random times, you might be surprised when we get around to putting stuff on shelves.

Usually the guy in orange up front will know and ask him/her. Don't call the store and ask to have it put on hold (we wont). Last Saturday we had stuff all day, not just small 50 round packs. But 1200 round buckets of bullets, 500, 300, 100 packs.

When we get it we put it all on the shelve. If its a bulk pack with 10 boxes of 50, we will open all those up so more than just the hoarders and resellers get them. Hell I saw one lady try to hide 2 buckets (we do follow you and grab the stash) and was putting it up on an auction site while she was in the store. So don't buy from the resellers, it only will prolong the madness.

Last Edited:
I still have people at the local Bimart telling me it's be 6 weeks since anything .22 came in.

Walmart near me had one box the other day when I was there. First .22 I've bought in almost 2 months

Last year I spent $4500.00 on ammo from a guy I know that needed money in a hurry.
I didn't want to outlay that much cash, but he sold his ammo stash for what he paid for it in 2007-2010.
The (40) .22lr bricks were priced at $12.00 each, so that kinda sealed the deal.
I now have enough .22, 9mm, 45acp, 223/5.56 ammo that should last me for the rest of my life.

In fact, until I see .22lr on the shelf at least every other time I go into a sports store, I'll most likely buy everything I can find/afford.

I'll still be shooting in 40 years an it ain't gettin any cheaper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top