JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well did some shooting on friday, finaly had time to break it down and clean everything today.

I found the weld had broken on the bottom of the muzle brake. Now I have to reweld it. One problem I have is that I dont want to do it in correctly. Should I take it to a smith to reweld it? I do know how to weld and all that, but Never had done it on a firearm. What could go wrong with just tacking it back into place. It has a spring loaded pin holding it on top, and the weld on the bottom that I can line the crack back up on and tack it.

Why do you need or want it welded in place if the detent spring that holds it in place is functioning? Mine was never welded and the detent designed to hold it in place works to keep it on mine........

Fair enough. Originally they were not welded, think it is a thing to make them compliant in states like CA.

If it wobbles do you have it tightened down enough? I is a left hand thread and if tightened down all the way should not move. Something worth checking.

You can retack it, but you need to use a TIG setup so that you can control the heat. Also, using a heat-sink would also help. You just want to make sure that you don't get the barrel too hot when welding and screw up the heat treat...

I have a foot peddle controlled miller tig welder at work that I am going to use. I would love a suppressor on an m4. Not really wanting to muffle the psl. Besides if I end up moving to the PRK I would be in hot water lol

I have a foot peddle controlled miller tig welder at work that I am going to use. I would love a suppressor on an m4. Not really wanting to muffle the psl. Besides if I end up moving to the PRK I would be in hot water lol

I'm jealous. I'd love to have access to one of those bad boys. Haven't had one that nice since school...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top