JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the feed ramp on my Gen 2 PSAK cracked and I sent it in to be fixed on feb. 6th. I still haven't got it back and I am pissed. I don't want to have to deal with PSA's customer service again. So should I sell the PSAK when I get it back and buy a wasr? Or is that something that doesn't happen very often and I shouldn't have to worry about that again?

I've never used one, but I've read a lot about the US made Aks not being up to snuff. mostly it's from using cheap parts, like cast bolts and trunnions. Some are improving and using more forged parts, but for now I think sticking with one made in a former warsaw pact country is best. WASR is a good choice if you don't want to pay for an arsenal or something.

So the feed ramp on my Gen 2 PSAK cracked and I sent it in to be fixed on feb. 6th. I still haven't got it back and I am pissed. I don't want to have to deal with PSA's customer service again. So should I sell the PSAK when I get it back and buy a wasr? Or is that something that doesn't happen very often and I shouldn't have to worry about that again?
Thats an uncommon occurrence.
Id hold onto it for a bit and see if any other wear takes place.
Robski I thought had a good 5k round run with the PSAK without issues.

Wasrs are good and all, but the cost has been driven up over the hype and myth that they are somehow superior to other AKs. While they have great metallurgy.. at the same time just a few years before the AK revolution, people called them cheap junk. Forums had entire threads talking about how they were trash and that only Arsenal, Chicom, maadi..etc were "quality".

But then again, a decade before that when Chicom AKs were still being imported many called those junk too..

So while the WASR is a good rifle with decent metal.. its still just an AK. Id hold onto the PSAK and run a good 500 rounds through it and see if any excessive wear takes place.

Sell it fast and cheap!

I live in Longview and will take it off your hands.

Yes PSA can be slow. I ordered a single part Monday and it shipped today!

But seriously.. I will buy it if it's the right price.

Wasrs are good and all, but the cost has been driven up over the hype and myth that they are somehow superior to other AKs. While they have great metallurgy.. at the same time just a few years before the AK revolution, people called them cheap junk.
Wasrs aren't being overhyped and called superior to others. They're just called better because American made AKs took the bottom of the barrel spot.

Wasrs have always been a decent AK that'll last a lifetime, while not being pretty. That's the way the wasr is now, that's the way its been. No more, no less.

Wasrs aren't being overhyped and called superior to others. They're just called better because American made AKs took the bottom of the barrel spot.

Wasrs have always been a decent AK that'll last a lifetime, while not being pretty. That's the way the wasr is now, that's the way its been. No more, no less.
Ive been a part of the AK community for quite some time. LONG before anyone regarded WASRS as highly as they do now. In fact, even when forums trashed wasrs and century firearms in general, When the AR boom took place and AKs were cast aside for a few years and the prices were amazing.

Trust me when I say this stuff man. Im not saying wasrs are junk as all.. Im saying in this new era of new shooters the wasr was put on a pedestal it wasn't on previously. Thanks a lot to certain youtube channels and forum chat as well as poorly cast AK parts from American manufacturers.. other AK options are in the same group as wasrs.. yet those are held to a lower standard and wasrs are and suddenly now regarded as some of the "best". My main point being, wasrs are not the end all be all.

That they, now more than ever have far more hype than they used to.

Not thay they're bad, not that others are "better".. simply that before the American AK boom, they were not appreciated for what they were, simply a solid, simple rifle with decent metallurgy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top