JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But I am going 65 and that's the speed limit so I am going to ride in whatever damn lane I want to because I'm super special and I am going to enforce the law. Those people going 70 (or god forbid 80) are just breaking the law. :rolleyes:

bubbleguming left lane hogs are my number 1 pet peeve (followed by public cell phone talkers). It would be nice to see more people getting busted for it.

Out in the gorge at 6:00am-ish and I come up on some lady in the fast lane going 55 and there is literally no one else in sight as far as the eye can see, so she doesn't move out of the fast lane for a mile or so. I flash my lights and nothing. Flash again...nothing. After a couple miles I move past her in the right lane and she looks over at me with deer in the headlight eyes. Not sure what that was all about.

So, let me get this straight - I'm traveling the speed limit plus 4 and likely on cruise control but I'm somehow responsible for the accident caused by an impatient a-hole that's weaving in and out of traffic? Frankly I do keep to the right as much as possible, but if my driving legal pisses you off then IDGAF.

BTW the posted speed limit is an UPPER speed limit and not a lower one.

I like the left lane mostly because it's a smoother ride then the other lanes, but I keep an eye out for faster vehicles coming up behind me, then I temporarily move over and let them pass.

I use the left lane on the freeway when I'm exceeding the posted speed limit, which is most of the time I would never do. On surface streets, I try to use the lane that corresponds with the next turn I will be making.

Ray

So, let me get this straight - I'm traveling the speed limit plus 4 and likely on cruise control but I'm somehow responsible for the accident caused by an impatient a-hole that's weaving in and out of traffic? Frankly I do keep to the right as much as possible, but if my driving legal pisses you off then IDGAF.

Uncle Sy says those signs are just suggested speeds.

IF any you yahoos that camp out in the left lane are actually smart like you pretend to be, GTFO of the left lane. Oregon has spent taxpayer money posting signs that state the left lane is for passing vehicles.
If you think your doing anyone a favor by being by being a bubblegumwit left lane camper, you are not. And your little plastic sheriffs badge means nothing.

As bad as the left lane hog is, the worse is Oryguns insistence on having a split speed limit, 55 for trucks, and 65 for 4 wheelers. STUPID! Wanna see it in action at its finest, try any kind of up hill grade where trucks are shuffling around each other, and then toss in the R.V. crowd who don't follow any rules, and you get all kinds of trouble!:mad::mad::mad:
I really love highballin my over grose fire truck with lights and screamer doing 90 in the break down lane, That's fun as heck! No one knows what the heck to do when they see an emergency rig coming up behind them, so THEY SLOW DOWN:eek::eek::eek::eek: WTF people, get the eff over to the right, right firckin now cupcake!!!

IF any you yahoos that camp out in the left lane are actually smart like you pretend to be, GTFO of the left lane. Oregon has spent taxpayer money posting signs that state the left lane is for passing vehicles.
If you think your doing anyone a favor by being by being a bubblegumwit left lane camper, you are not. And your little plastic sheriffs badge means nothing.

Excuse me, but the guy who sold me that badge told me it would get me out of any ticket...

Just make sure you are actually driving LEGALLY. In Oregon the left lane has now been designated as a passing lane. Your speed is irrelevant...or at the very least a separate issue. You're allowed to be in the left lane if you are actively passing. So if you're, "going the speed limit plus 4," but NOT actively passing vehicles on the right, guess what...you're illegal...and apparently now subject to a $250 fine (see link below). Now if you've got someone on your tail going the speed limit plus 5, and you ARE actively passing, I wouldn't expect that you would be required to move over right that second. But at some point, traffic is going to break and you won't be actively passing any longer and then you would be required to move over. It appears the state is trying to force drivers to be polite and do the right thing. :)

Oregon left lane hogs may soon face a fine of up to $250

Just make sure you are actually driving LEGALLY. In Oregon the left lane has now been designated as a passing lane. Your speed is irrelevant...or at the very least a separate issue. You're allowed to be in the left lane if you are actively passing. So if you're, "going the speed limit plus 4," but NOT actively passing vehicles on the right, guess what...you're illegal...and apparently now subject to a $250 fine (see link below). Now if you've got someone on your tail going the speed limit plus 5, and you ARE actively passing, I wouldn't expect that you would be required to move over right that second. But at some point, traffic is going to break and you won't be actively passing any longer and then you would be required to move over. It appears the state is trying to force drivers to be polite and do the right thing. :)

Oregon left lane hogs may soon face a fine of up to $250

That's how I've been using the left lane since day one, however my point is that the car that's weaving and otherwise driving recklessly is the one that causes the accident. That's also the law as in Oregon the person who had the last chance to avoid the accident is always considered to be at fault. Also, if I move over to allow a speeder to pass me the person speeding is still breaking the law.

I don't care what lane I am in................if your going slow I will pass your bubblegum :D

Hell I traveled the left lane all the way north to Seattle.......pulling a trailer then noticed the signs no trucks or trailers over 10K :eek: hell I was doing 80 most of the time.................

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top