Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

PSA, PTAC upper.

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Ttuck, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So i was perusing the PSA website looking for an upper to go with my lower i bought last November. I came across this and decided to order it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-upper-without-bcg-or-ch-1.html

It's labeled as
    PTAC
    Barrel Length 16",
    5.56 Nato Chamber, 1 in 7" twist
    M4 Profile Barrel
    .750" Gas Block Diameter
    M4 Feedramps
    Forged Upper
    Phosphate Finish

It even comes with a Vortex Strikfire Optic. All for just 299.00,
    It Doesn't come with a BCG or a charging handle.

I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions about what i should look for when this comes in the mail. Also if anybody has and personal experience with this upper and what you thought of it.

I told my uncle about it and he said it was a really good deal considering the optic alone runs about 125-145 dollars brand new.

Thanks in advance for and info

Tyler

2. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I have had one and a friend of mine has one as well. They work well enough, I think the gas key is staked nicely. I never did an accuracy test on a bench, but it shot all day and never complained. Can't beat the price, that is for sure. I hot mine on the black friday deal. It was a complete upper for $300 shipped.

3. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I bought one on Black Friday too. Shoots fine. Never done any groups with it. It got irons so I put it on target at 30 yards and called it a day. No issues with it as far as quality goes.

4. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Ptac from what I've read is pretty much bare bones, no frills. Psa is mid-range and psa premium is their top tier.

5. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks the info guys. I'm not expecting this upper to be match quality or anything. Just something that works and is fun to plink with.