JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Palmetto State Armory
City
Clackamas
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Putting up my PSA factory assembled 6.5 creedmoor upper complete with BCG and charging handle. I added a Surefire brake and am letting it go with the rifle.

Bought this awhile back to take to a long range class in New Mexico. Long story short, it didn't meet my expectations for accuracy for shooting extreme long range.

I did do some load work ups and got it to just under MOA, but it took a lot of effort. I'm happy to share that load info to the new owner if they'd like.

I wound up taking a 6.5 bolt action RPR to the class instead as it was easier to get down to the 1/2 MOA, Sub 1/2 MOA that I expect out of my long range rigs.

This is only for the upper, not the entire rifle. Fully assembled rifle pictures taken for presentation purposes only.

Now for the kicker..... When I was removing the scope, I did notice the mount was not very tight at all. Kinda pissed me off when I saw this when breaking the rifle down for this ad. Had I noticed this during load work up I would have tightened it one to two more turns of the nuts on the quick release mount. At this point though I'm moving on.

Regardless, I'd still assume for the purpose of purchasing that it's capable of the accuracy I saw out of it.

From PSA:
PRODUCT DETAILS
DETAILS
Barrel Length: 20"
Gas System: Rifle-Length
Barrel Profile: Heavy
Barrel Steel: 416R Stainless Steel
Barrel Finish: Stainless
Chrome Lining: None
Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24
Chamber: 6.5 Creedmoor
Twist Rate: 1:8
Barrel Extension: M4-style
Diameter at Gas Block: .750
Gas Block Type: Low-profile adjustable gas block
Muzzle Device: A2 Style Flash Hider
Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
Receiver Type: PA10
Handguard Type: PSA 15" Lightweight M-Lok Free Float Rail
Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes, PA-10 BCG
Charging Handle Included: Yes
**These uppers are designed to work with the PA-10 platform and as such, will function with existing Gen1 & Gen2 PA-10 lower receivers. In order for a better cosmetic appeal, we recommend using all 6.5 Creedmoor uppers with Gen2 PA-10 Lowers or PA-65 Lowers.

FEATURES

Palmetto State Armory is proud to announce our PSA PA-65 20" 6.5 Creedmoor Stainless Steel M-Lok Upper!
Barrel: 20" Heavy 416R Stainless Steel, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 1:8 twist rate and rifle-length gas system. Upper is paired with a Palmetto State Armory 15" Lightweight M-Lok free-float rail, low profile adjustable gas block, and an A2-style muzzle device.
Upper: Precision machined from forged 7075-T6 aluminum, then Black anodize hardcoated to MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2.
Bolt Carrier Group: 9310 steel bolt assembly, nitride treated for durability. 8620 carrier, nitride treated, with a nitride treated gas key properly staked with grade 8 fasteners. Charging handle is also included.
  • 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum Receiver
  • 20" 416R Stainless Steel Barrel
  • 6.5 Creedmoor Chamber
  • 1 in 8" Twist Rate Rifling
  • Rifle-length Gas System
  • 15" Free Float Lightweight M-Lok Rail
  • Low Profile Adjustable Gas Block
  • A2-Style Muzzle Device
  • 5/8-24 Muzzle Thread
  • Nitride BCG & Charging handle
  • Includes: High pressure/ small diameter firing pin bolt
PSA Website with reviews:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
2 things. I don't see a price. Next, will that fit onto a 5.56 lower or does it need it's a 6.5 lower? Great photos BTW.

Strike that 5.56 lower question. It appears it will work with an AR10 lower. Do you know if it would it fit an original Armalite AR-10?

2 things. I don't see a price. Next, will that fit onto a 5.56 lower or does it need it's a 6.5 lower? Great photos BTW.
Thank You. I thought I had typed in the price when I submitted it through my phone, but as you mentioned, I don't see where it came through. Edited for that information.

This will need to be mounted to an AR10 type lower receiver. The AR15 lower would be too small for this cartridge.

Thanks for looking.

Strike that 5.56 lower question. It appears it will work with an AR10 lower. Do you know if it would it fit an original Armalite AR-10?
Good question. I'd have to refer that to PSA or the folks that make the Armalite platform.

No it will not

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top