JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as you have your firearms insured through a different party. Most HO policies have very low limits on firearms/jewelry of about $2500.

This is a truism.

And best not to let insurance companies know if you are doing business with any of their brethren. I have a regular auto insurance policy for daily drivers, and I have another, separate policy with a different company for a collectible vehicle. Neither know of my relationship with the other. Yes, they are all connected up by computer when it comes to claims. But major insurance companies can get pissy if they find out you vectored off and covered an antique/collectible car with a specialty company. The majors want ALL your business. If you have an umbrella policy with one or the other, they can compel you by way of rate manipulation to bring all of your insurance biz under same. I don't tell insurance people anything more than they ask directly.

The OSHA and some ATF regulations mentioned apply differently to licensees and occupational use, so just keep that in mind. The requirements for the latter just in terms of management, transportation, and storage would blow the mind/budget of a private individual, but knowing what the requirements are still helps you make safer decisions. I like the standard for containers with 1" thick wooden sides. I'm not required to conform, but its still a good goal for the rest of us who do want to be safe, even if we aren't sticklers about everything else.

Ghandi said: when a law is unjust it is only right to disobey.
Pretty sure it was Jefferson said that first... something like..."when injustice becomes law it's our duty to resist"... paraphrasing but it seems like ghandi just said a bunch of crap that others had said before him with an Indian accent and the leftists loved him for it.

Pretty sure it was Jefferson said that first... something like..."when injustice becomes law it's our duty to resist"... paraphrasing but it seems like ghandi just said a bunch of crap that others had said before him with an Indian accent and the leftists loved him for it.

Pretty sure throughout history similar statements have been made by many different people because the concept of an overbearing body of people in a position of power has never been limited to the American Revolutionary War. The founding fathers got a lot of their ideas from reading about ancient Greece, and I am going to go out on a limb and think that the notion of unjust laws should be disobeyed is probably as old of an idea as mankind having governments.

Pretty sure throughout history similar statements have been made by many different people because the concept of an overbearing body of people in a position of power has never been limited to the American Revolutionary War. The founding fathers got a lot of their ideas from reading about ancient Greece, and I am going to go out on a limb and think that the notion of unjust laws should be disobeyed is probably as old of an idea as mankind having governments.
Touche. I'll be so bold as to add, probably as old an idea as MANKIND. There's always some peice of crap who gets powerful and tries to oppress others for their own gain.

Dunno, will you ship? Overnight express?

What a "legal limit" is to some is a 'small cache' to another. This law is racist, it says that only rich people can have large quantities of reloading supplies as they have multiple houses they can store it in. This law is stacked against the poorer folk who cannot diversify their holdings.

#powdercontainersmatter
Thats racist and could get u killed
#blackpowdercontainers matter

I just like setting goals for myself.

Entirely dependent on whatever scenario you envision being prepared with that ammo for.

If you shoot regularly for fun and want to be able to get through dry spells without paying a lot then the amount of ammo you should retain should be proportional to how much you shoot and how long between needing to replenish stocks should ammo become predictably expensive and hard to come by during times of scarcity. If you are a decent shot because you have practiced/trained and you already have what you think to be sufficient long and short guns and more importantly you already have your other areas of life figured out financially, dropping some money on ammo isn't a bad investment because it fulfills a security need as well as represents a financial savings if done properly. Having 1000 rounds in anything you want to "rely on" is probably more than enough for practicality sake and maxing out a Roth IRA contribution for the year on some good choices would be a much better financial decision than paying through the nose for some ammo. I don't know you so I don't know anything about your personal situation.

A great benefit to being a reloader is being able to ignore passing calamity with soaring ammo prices when "getting more ammo" merely involves spending an hour pulling a handle. In the past, depending on sales and choice of brands, you could get a 6000 round box of Hornady 55gr SP bullets for about $400 6000 primers represents about $180 and depending on powder charge and brand you can load 2240 rounds with an 8 pound keg that is about $180, so multiply that by 3 for easy math = $540. Altogether: 400+180+540 = $1120 for 6000 rounds of .233 coming out to about 18.5 cents a piece. Not bad even for none panic times, really nice when ammo is crazy expensive. I see an uptick in reloading as a result of this event.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews