JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This law is racist, it says that only rich people can have large quantities of reloading supplies as they have multiple houses they can store it in. This law is stacked against the poorer folk who cannot diversify their holdings.
The more I am indoctrinated, the more I am enlightened to see the classist and racist nature of so many anti gun laws. Seems like they usually involve more money to the government in order to excercise one's rights which typically excludes lower income and minority peoples.
Also, ammo is heavy and chicks can't carry it around (okay, my indoctrination is somewhat incomplete... call HR).

FIGHT THE PATRIARCHY!
FIGHT CLASSISM!
FIGHT RACISM!
RESIST!
FIGHT THE MAN!

Not sure why my new neo-fash friends haven't embraced this... I'll bring it up at the next meeting.
We're having cake!

That reminds me, I have a "flammable" sticker I need to put on the door of my shop. I have a lot more dangerous stuff in there besides ammo/powder/primers.

Like 55+ gallons of gasoline, about 15 gallons of diesel, acetone, alcohol, mineral spirits, etc. - that would not react well to open flame.

sorry I'm driving sorry I'm driving don't have time to read is the Oregon rule Law whatever it is per person per house 4 bedroom with separate roommates how do they determine that

Last page addresses primers

One pound black powder
Twenty pounds smokeless
Ten thousand primers

I have a friend that is a prepper/hoarder of ammo.

He replaced his queen-sized bed frame with full ammo cans, and has so much ammo in his doublewide, that he had to go underneath the house and prop up the framing with concrete blocks.

He lives on a mountain top about 8 miles from me. Pretty sure if his place ever catches on fire, people will be able to see the blast for at least 20 miles.

Only if you are of the correct political persuasion, however. Laws are different for those of us on the right.
Laws are supposed to be the same for everyone. At least that's what it says in the 14th Amendment. Equal Protection Clause.

Look...you know what the REAL problem is with gun laws? Too many people with their spoons in the soup. You've got the Feds. You've got each state making laws. There are even MORE laws regarding weapons down to the county and city level. It's totally nuts. Stuff gets completely mixed up and people are in court arguing this law or that one all the time. There is no centralization with gun laws.

However...there IS centralization regarding whether you have a right to own a gun. That's the 2A. It's the one thing you can rely on. Everything else is a mess.

LOL even some STORES have their own rules.

Here's a weird non-gun thing for you. Ever wonder WHY Washington State Supreme Court suddenly decided capital punishment was no longer constitutional in Washington? It's not in the justices' notes, but it all stemmed from the Green River Killer case, aka Gary Ridgway.

Ridgway, who killed more than fifty women (even HE doesn't know the exact number) was able to weasel out of the death penalty when the prosecutor, Norm Maleng, took the penalty off the table in exchange for Ridgway revealing where he hid many of the bodies. And the prosecutor already had Ridgway 100% dead to rights on at least two of the murders.

So...after Ridgway makes this deal, he gets a ton of life sentences and goes away. It wasn't a week later before death penalty lawyers all over Washington started filing motions for their clients on Death Row, saying that since Ridgway was offered such a deal, and their clients (for example) got death for killing some clerk at a Seven Eleven, that this violated THEIR clients' 14th Amendment Equal Protection Under the Law clause. And that was a darn good argument.

The first thing Jay Inslee does when he takes over as governor is to put a moratorium on executions, and it wasn't long after that before the WA State Supreme Court overturned capital punishment in Washington.

Years ago, when King Co Prosecutor Norm Maleng made that deal with Ridgway, I told my wife: "That will end the death penalty in Washington for sure..." Imagine trading the location of bodies in exchange for escaping capital punishment. That was never going to fly with other death penalty lawyers and their clients. No way. You can dodge the death penalty if you are a serial killer just by telling where some of the bodies went? That was the dumbest thing ever done by Norm Maleng. Even some of the victims' families were against the deal.

In a sick sort of way, you could say that the most prolific murderer in Washington State history was the cause of the death penalty being banned in Washington.
A guy who was a poster child for the death penalty to boot. Kind of makes your head spin. o_O

Oh...as far as the powder and primers. Hell...just lie if anyone asks. I would. (*insert evil laugh here*)

Last Edited:
Never reveal information about quantities to your homeowner insurance agent. Do not discuss anything to do with the gun hobby. If you follow this advice and the unlikely situation of a household fire enters the picture, you still may have problems. Insurance companies look for any way to weasel out of or or at least reduce payout. If they found out you had excessive amounts of components and a fire later occurred, they might deny a claim or reduce payout based on components contributing to damage.

About 30 years ago, a fire broke out in the home of a reloader in the neighborhood where I worked. When his components and ammo started popping off, the fire department retreated and let it burn. This is the kind of contributory situation to which I refer.

Never reveal information about quantities to your homeowner insurance agent. Do not discuss anything to do with the gun hobby.

As long as you have your firearms insured through a different party. Most HO policies have very low limits on firearms/jewelry of about $2500.

Most insurers have provisions to increase your coverage if you list each firearm and it's value. If the individual firearm listed has a value of over $2500, then you have to provide a professional appraisal (State Farm has this requirement).

A neighbor/friend of mine is a firefighter. Clark County Fire District 6.

I specifically asked what would happen if my house caught on fire.

He said that if they heard small explosions (ie: powder bottle's blowing up) and ammo firing, that they immediately clear the area, back out/off, cordon off the area, and watch in burn to the ground.

Their safety is priority #1.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top