JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posted my modest amount of powder and primers I had on hand for reloading and it was brought to my attention that I was getting close to the WA state legal limits for keeping powder and primers in the home.

Just thought a new thread to alert other forum users to be aware of the fact that there are legal limits to the amount of components they can keep on hand and to check their specific state laws regarding those amounts would be helpful.

For WA, it was a limit of 25 pounds of smokeless powder not in an approved container, and up to 50lbs if in a box made of 3/4" plywood. Primers are limited to 10,000.

For WA, it was a limit of 25 pounds of smokeless powder not in an approved container, and up to 50lbs if in a box made of 3/4" plywood. Primers are limited to 10,000.

f0xpzD5.gif

I suspect many of us have exceeded the legal limits.

My dad, who lives in Idaho, has probably at least 10x what I have in his shop. At 80 years old, I doubt he gives a crap what the government says about how much powder he can keep at his house, though.

I think the news would call it an arsenal if you had more than one "assault magazine"' 's worth ... so, like, 11 rounds. I remember losing my fecal material when I read about that proposed Oregon law that would have made it illegal to buy more than 50 rounds of loaded ammo in a month... that doesn't even fill up the magazines I carry on my belt for a competition, let alone the ~ 500-800 rounds of pistol ammo I touch off in a week.

I think the news would call it an arsenal if you had more than one "assault magazine"' 's worth ... so, like, 11 rounds. I remember losing my fecal material when I read about that proposed Oregon law that would have made it illegal to buy more than 50 rounds of loaded ammo in a month... that doesn't even fill up the magazines I carry on my belt for a competition, let alone the ~ 500-800 rounds of pistol ammo I touch off in a week.

And purchases limited to no more than 20rds at a time. Standby for this to come around again... they are not done with us.

Are these people actually Americans?

Even here in loony-law UK I can have 700 rounds of stuff at a time....what limits me is the teeny house I live in and where to safely store it all.

Last Edited:
i think i have 10,000 primers....i better get rid of one to get it down to 9999...ANYONE WANNA BUY 1 Primer...large rifle
Dunno, will you ship? Overnight express?

What a "legal limit" is to some is a 'small cache' to another. This law is racist, it says that only rich people can have large quantities of reloading supplies as they have multiple houses they can store it in. This law is stacked against the poorer folk who cannot diversify their holdings.

#powdercontainersmatter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top