JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never get it. Not trustworthy enough for my liking!

For the first time in decades (since the 70s) - last year I got one - and for the first time in recent decades (since about 2000), I did not get the flu last year. This year I waited too long, I was going to get one after this week (I was going in for an outpatient procedure tomorrow and wanted to wait until after that - but now I had to cancel that because I am too sick).

YMMV

Sorry folks "feal" that way about them.

It's just science, that's it, nothing more & nothing less.

Hopefully the same folks at minimum vaccinate there kids.
I have a close friend who's wife got the flu shot 4 years ago and was the supposed "one in a million" with a permanent allergic reaction that has and will continue to cause burning sensation of skin and horrific headaches. (No reversal of effects exist with today's science)
I personally have a lifetime heart condition and have opened heart surgery. My doctor pleads with me every year to flu vaccinate, I have not yet for almost 50 years and have been fine. YMMV

My excellent doctor and I discussed flu shots. MD to retired RN level. He does not get them. When I get one I get sick. When I do not get one I seem not to get sick. Life style. Medical knowledge. Just wash and use the alcohol gel. Use a clean throw a way Kleenex and throw it away properly.

From long habit I use one hand to open doors. If not I push on the door way up high above my head. I also use a clean Kleenex or paper towel between my hand and door. Hospital style. Not much you can do other than always keep your hands clean and watch out for the sneezie sick people.

Of course another run of the Spanish Flu would change everything. :( :(

Aaaand the seven straight month, chicken little, flu, fear mongering season officially begins;)

The media blitz/hysteria in recent years regarding the flu/flu shot is only surpassed with its TDS.

I worked for a company that provided free flu shots and encouraged their employees to get them. I did it for a few years, then I noticed it made me feel like bubblegum for a few days a day or two later. I haven't had a flu shot in over a dozen years and I don't plan on having another one soon.

I get one every year and don't get the flu. My wife bugged me to get the shingles shot and I did not listen. Yep, I got shingles, not fun at all. I should have listened to her. Again....

I get one every year and don't get the flu. My wife bugged me to get the shingles shot and I did not listen. Yep, I got shingles, not fun at all. I should have listened to her. Again....

I am on the waiting list for the shingles shot - my brother had shingles a few years ago.

This last weekend, after I already had the flu, Walgreens sent me an email with a reminder that my flu shot was ready for me. Too late. :rolleyes:

I am mostly over it now, but Tuesday was the worst day. Unfortunately I think I gave it to some people at work, which is where I caught it.:oops:

My doctor said Tuesday that they won't have it in for a month or so. I'll get it when they do. I had the actual flu (not norovirus) 20 some yrs ago and it wasn't enjoyable. 3rd or 4th day my kidneys and liver were shutting down and I was close to becoming comatose, sleeping 20-22 hrs a day. GF got home from a business trip and got me to the ER. Massive doses of antibiotics, blood tests every week for a couple months and 3-4 months later I was starting to feel like myself again. People sure do give you a lotta room when you walk into the ER and you're as yellow as a smiley face from jaundice. In fact they move clear to the other side of the room! :)

I've got COPD and I get the pneumonia shot every year too as that's not a good combo either. I had a shot of the new stuff last year and they tell me I'm good for 10 yrs now. Need to check into the shingrix shots.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top