JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope. But at $350.00 you're not taking much risk. Personally I'd just get a Glock. If you're patient you can find them for about $50.00 more.

Is 114 going to ban just the mags, or firearms as well? If just the mags, I would buy them now and get the gun you want after the ban goes into effect. I did that before the WA ban, and am now sitting on mags for all the guns I plan to buy over the next 10+ years. It's an investment, but now I don't have to worry about having neutered 10rd mags for my dream guns.

Is 114 going to ban just the mags, or firearms as well? If just the mags, I would buy them now and get the gun you want after the ban goes into effect. I did that before the WA ban, and am now sitting on mags for all the guns I plan to buy over the next 10+ years. It's an investment, but now I don't have to worry about having neutered 10rd mags for my dream guns.
You need in person training to get a gun permit, if it passes. There are very few facilities and also the permit process doesn't exist and it will take about 2 years to set it up. But I just read that it won't be an issue most likely. So there is that.

Would Measure 114 create a moratorium on gun purchases until permits were available?

While it is not explicitly outlined in the text of the measure, it is highly likely that gun sales would continue under current regulations until a new permitting system could be created. That would be more in keeping with how the rulemaking process is typically executed after a new law is passed.

While the state might place a moratorium on gun purchases until the new system was in place, such a move would be almost immediately challenged in courts as unconstitutional, according to Ofer Raban, a constitutional law professor at the University of Oregon.

It is more typical in situations where voters approve a law that requires a new state-run system that the Oregon State Police would issue an exception to needing to participate in a new system until that system was up and running.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top