JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of you may seem my thread on my nifty Yugo-capture German Kar98K found in an Ethiopian warehouse. Well the rifle was exceedingly filthy and I found some serious safety concerns when disassembling for cleaning. The lugs at the back of the firing pin were chewed up (causing firing pin protrusion in excess of 0.090"... well over spec) and the bolt face was broken. Just a reminder no matter how good the reputation a firearm might have for its safe, strong action, check it over completely. It seems as the quantity of surplus entering the country has gone down, so has the quality. I have contacted the retailer that sold me this (and is selling more of them), to see what, if anything they'll do.

0E9F48D0-D8B6-402B-BE06-7121F2F838FB.jpeg

For reference, here's what an undamaged firing pin ought to look like:

E14F8814-C784-4487-8D70-1BCECBB848A7.jpeg

Here is the broken bolt head: B4ABDE78-867E-4CC1-B6D5-6F6A735B2B8F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Fortunately, Bolt bodies and firing pins are still kind of easy to come by, so you could fix it easy enough your self if the seller doesn't make it right! FWIW

This is true, these parts are fairly available but they're not extremely cheap. Not that they're prohibitively expensive either, but they cost enough that I may as well have bought a nicer specimen to begin with.

Well it's been a week since I opened a ticket and sent pics...and no response. The customer service section of their page says due to increased volume give up to 3 days for a response. I tried calling but they're apparently not taking any calls. It's not looking good.

Still nothing from them 3 weeks later. I also posted a negative review of the product (hopefully to prevent others from making the same mistake) since it's still being sold and they have not actually displayed it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top