Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

PSA AR15 Lower are they anygood?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by x1hunter89, Dec 27, 2011.

1. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

so i was thinking of getting one since they are 57 including shipping is their any known flaws? are they pretty decent? PSA AR15 Lower

2. wrassleman07

wrassleman07 Roseburg, or Member

its pretty hard to go wrong on a lower, but that might just be me. I guess machining could be milled wrong, but thats about it. I feel like the components that go IN the lower make a difference.

3. Z-PDX

Z-PDX Clack Member

PSA is 100% GTG.

4. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

PSA sells two different lowers. The lower with the pictogram for "fire" and "safe" is from Aero Precision. The lower that is engraved "FIRE" and "SAFE" is from another Co., don't remember the name, out of Delaware I believe.

The AP lowers I have worked with are gtg.

5. djgaloot

djgaloot Oregon City Member

Mine says FIRE and SAFE. It seems to be well machined and good quality but it is the only one I have owned.

6. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

Slightly off topic, but has anyone have experience with a full PSA AR? Their kits are cheap and I'm thinking about piecing their kits together with one of their stripped lowers, a complete AR would be probably ~$650 ish after shipping and FFL fees. I have a Colt 20" AR right now, but I want a shorter AR so PSA seems like a decent deal.

7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The PSA looks great on paper, everything looks mil-spec. There are complaints about delivery time and a occasional miss boxed part.

8. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I have a dissipator full upper form PSA and it's very nice. Quality is good, the looks are good, and so far I have right under 200 rounds through it. The first round I ever shot... the shell was stock in the chamber but after that it was great. It shoots the silver bear ammo with no issues, I am gonna run some wolf through it. The shell that was stock was brass green tip X-Tac. I plan on getting the PSA .22 LR conversion too. I was gonna go with Del-Ton but PSA was faster at shipping and again I am very happy with the quality. I have compared my PSA upper to a Colt LE6920 and a Smith M&P15... I believe my PSA was better when compared to the Colt and when compared to the M&P15... it was just as good if not a little better.... and I'm not saying that because I own a PSA upper.

9. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

The PSA lowers are GTG. I have one on my Spikes middy upper

10. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

I just recently got a 14.7" carbine upper with pinned flash hider from them and couldnt be happier. Build quality is excellent. M4 feed ramps lined up perfect, proper staking, no malfunctions in 400 rounds so far. All mil-spec except for the barrel steel.

11. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

I have a SLR15 lower with a PSA carbine kit on it. Everything was perfect except my hammer spring was out of spec and had to be replaced. Other than that I have no complaints at all. As far as the shipping time it took them 5 days to build it and 6 to get it to me.

12. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Was it a PSA LPK?

13. joeroket

Yes it was.

14. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

I am using a PSA LPK. Only had my rifle out once so far. Hoping my LPK holds up for a long time

15. joeroket

I am guessing you won't have any problems. This is the only one I have ever seen or heard of that was coiled wrong. Not sure what happened in the manufacturing of it but I am pretty sure it is an extremely rare occurrence.