JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks the same, but other companies have made that style of conversion kit in the past so I doubt CMMG has it patened. At the same time the photos look like they're from the CMMG website. Good price!

Last Edited:
By the time you buys the mags its NOT that great of a deal. I just bought a CMMG kit with 3 25RD mags for $149!

Better deal IMHO!!!! I ordered it on a Friday Morning, from Iowa IIRC, and it was in my hands in Idaho on Monday!!! Now thats crazy fast shipping!
True. Three 25rd mag and bolt bundle can go or $150-$160 on a good deal. IF you plan on using CMMG mags... that kinda suck.

@SpudBob Be aware that that kit is for a drop in bolt conversion of a 5.56 AR-15... not a bolt for a dedicated 22lr build with a 22lr barrel.

You can buy the dedicated barrel collar that switches out with the bullet shaped chamber extension for the 5.56, but that'll run another $50ish just for the collar. $40ish for the collar and +10ish for shipping, but about the cheapest around.

*On the mags... the CMMG's are extremely difficult to load without a $20 loader tool and many often require a bit of modification to perform reliably. Many folks use the black dog or chiappy mags. YMMV

These are my favorites. Super simple to load, view remaining rounds, steel lips (vs polymer) and no slop magwell fit but still free fall on release.

Midway has them in stock for less at the moment. (Just picked up some more pre 114 prep :s0155:)

Last Edited:
No i get.
@SpudBob Be aware that that kit is for a drop in bolt conversion of a 5.56 AR-15... not a bolt for a dedicated 22lr build with a 22lr barrel.
I have a 30 year old Ciener kit that still works great with the original ALL steel mags. Ive had several CMMG kits to with very little issue as long as you use the recommended 36grn bullets.Ive had good experiences with the Remington Golden plated 36grns in the past. Granted they can be a little tedious to load but once you get it down its not that big a deal-at least for me. I have no experience with the black dogs mags to be honest. I did see that Black Dogs rating on Midway was only 3.2 out of 5. The CMMG's are rated at 4.5 out of 5 on Midways site.YMMV!

Granted they can be a little tedious to load but once you get it down its not that big a deal-at least for me. I have no experience with the black dogs mags to be honest. I did see that Black Dogs rating on Midway was only 3.2 out of 5. The CMMG's are rated at 4.5 out of 5 on Midways site.YMMV!
I didn't pay attention to the midway reviews (I went there simply for best pricing and in-stock) and different brand mags may run differently in different platforms. I was just speaking from personal experience and running both drop-ins for a number of years and a dedicated. The black dogs have run flawless in all of my rifles without any modification (unlike the cmmg's) and my preferred over chiappy's. Indeed, YMMV.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top