JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not saying it can't bumpfire, but the FCG is missing a component that the ATF didnt like, that component prevents out of battery discharges. If you empty your gun and ride the bolt forward slowly with the trigger depressed, it will fire before locking into battery. That will blow your scorpion to hell. Cracked reciever. I've only seen it happen with people bump firing or running bianary triggers. It's all about the cycle rate and that missing piece the ATF classified as a machinegun component.

So, yes, you ~can~ bumpfire, but you're taking a big risk of cracking your reciever. Not good if you SBRd it...

I'm not saying it can't bumpfire, but the FCG is missing a component that the ATF didnt like, that component prevents out of battery discharges. If you empty your gun and ride the bolt forward slowly with the trigger depressed, it will fire before locking into battery. That will blow your scorpion to hell. Cracked reciever. I've only seen it happen with people bump firing or running bianary triggers. It's all about the cycle rate and that missing piece the ATF classified as a machinegun component.

So, yes, you ~can~ bumpfire, but you're taking a big risk of cracking your reciever. Not good if you SBRd it...
Well, I do not do it often because I have not mastered it and because I do not like to mag dump frequently. Thanks for the info but what is FCG?

So, the AKV has this component that the ATF classifies as a machinegun?

Well, I do not do it often because I have not mastered it and because I do not like to mag dump frequently. Thanks for the info but what is FCG?

So, the AKV has this component that the ATF classifies as a machinegun?
FCG is fire controll group basically your triger mechanism. 2 completly different fcg's between the akv and scorpoin.

FCG is fire controll group basically your triger mechanism. 2 completly different fcg's between the akv and scorpoin.

I don't understand why everyone goes gaga over full auto. I remember having fun with an MP5 doing full auto and the mag was out so fast, burst fire of course was fast - but If the human finger can fire 5 rounds a second on semi-auto. That's pretty darn fast, a trigger with a short reset and a crisp break fires fast enough that only the experienced people would tell the difference listening to it.

I don't understand why everyone goes gaga over full auto. I remember having fun with an MP5 doing full auto and the mag was out so fast, burst fire of course was fast - but If the human finger can fire 5 rounds a second on semi-auto. That's pretty darn fast, a trigger with a short reset and a crisp break fires fast enough that only the experienced people would tell the difference listening to it.
You have a point. I never had the pleasure of shooting a full-auto but maybe the glamour comes from action movies where they seemingly never run out of ammo - think Rambo!
But bump-fire is nice.......:D

I'm only talking about the Scorpion. I dont know much about the AKV. The fire control group on the import models (US guns) is missing some part that prevents the gun from firing out of battery, but that also has something to do with the full auto function. I bumped mine 3 or 4 times the first year I had it. But as I saw others with blown recievers, I decided it's not worth the risk. Also, it's not worth the cost these days.

Because it's basically out of reach of the vast majority of people. Because it's cool, especially when you only see it in movies, never in real life. Just like teenagers like to do things they aren't allowed to do, there is an allure to it simply because it's restricted.

It's just not the same pulling the trigger every shot vs firing a belt fed. It makes zero econnomic sense and I know plenty of class III owners who just aren't that into it anymore, but it's still cool for the average gun owner.

If any "AK" couldn't shoot steel cased ammo I would throw it in the trash lol
There s a difference in that most 7.62x39 ammo is steel case of normal quality and much cheaper than brass cased 7.62 where as most 9mm is brass cased and 9mm in steel case is bottom end ammo and not significantly cheaper.

Just installed the alg triger in my akv and it is an easy 5 min install shortens and lightens the pull, the reset is shorter and overall feels pretty crisp. I should have hit the mating surfaces with 2k grit before install but it will wear in after a few hundred rounds im sure.

Just installed the alg triger in my akv and it is an easy 5 min install shortens and lightens the pull, the reset is shorter and overall feels pretty crisp. I should have hit the mating surfaces with 2k grit before install but it will wear in after a few hundred rounds im sure.
How do you like the ALG trigger? I just received my AKV last week! I am also looking for an optic for it. Y'all got any you recommend?

The alg seems to be a pretty big improvement especialy since its a cheap upgrade. I did pull the alg back out and worked all the mating surfaces with 2k grit to knock the finish off and make it as smooth as i could and re installed. I like the sig romeo5 optic but it mounts high and it doesnt co whitness with the low sights on the akv neither did my eotech, so i just got a bsa red dot i had in my extras that mounts low and although id like to upgrade to something higher quality this one works for now.

How do you like the ALG trigger? I just received my AKV last week! I am also looking for an optic for it. Y'all got any you recommend?

Also installed the ALG trigger and noticed a small improvement in grouping on my last 50 yard target - this is offhand, unsupported - no sling. The ALG breaks a little bit lighter and the take up is about half of the stock trigger. FWIW, PSA sells an ALG trigger optimized for the AKV. Install is fairly simple, other than that spring jumping up and biting me a few times..

For optics I use the Holosun w/ ACSS reticle. The 9mm holdovers are 25 (top of the chevron), 100 (bottom of the chevron), and then 150, 175, 200.

I love this little gun and I would shoot it more if 9mm was still at 2019 prices.

AKV_5-12-20b.JPG IMG_0161.jpg