JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20200304_184815.jpg I have a CZ. It quickly became my money pit gun. For some reason though, I'm completely ok with that. I really love it. I want to SBR one more AK pistol, but I just cant see myself with 9mm AK. Even though they would be able to take the same mags, I just feel that, if I'm getting an AK, it should be in 7.62x39. Especially since they cost the same to shoot S 9mm for the most part. Unless you are a die hard AK fan and are looking for 9mm hosts... in any case, the only down side to the CZ, imo, is the fact that they can't bump fire. Too much potential for an OoBD.

I'm still fumbling around with what supressor set up to ru , and waiting for the ACR adapter to get back in stock for the ACR stock I bought for it.

What do you guys think about this VS a cz scorpion?
Akv is slighly cheaper althought the prices seem to be rising slightly, cz is new age look the akv is classic look, both take the same mags although the psa akv mags are slighly cheaper but still high quality with metal feed lips, and the scorpion is around a pound lighter bieng polymer. Scorpion has a lager aftermarket options for dodads.

Last Edited:
View attachment 688794I have a CZ. It quickly became my money pit gun. For some reason though, I'm completely ok with that. I really love it. I want to SBR one more AK pistol, but I just cant see myself with 9mm AK. Even though they would be able to take the same mags, I just feel that, if I'm getting an AK, it should be in 7.62x39. Especially since they cost the same to shoot S 9mm for the most part. Unless you are a die hard AK fan and are looking for 9mm hosts... in any case, the only down side to the CZ, imo, is the fact that they can't bump fire. Too much potential for an OoBD.

I'm still fumbling around with what supressor set up to ru , and waiting for the ACR adapter to get back in stock for the ACR stock I bought for it.

Right, I think it would also become a money pit for me. I see some of these Gucci scorpion builds and I'm thinking to myself "that looks awesome but after it's all said and done it probably costs the same as an HK SP5, which would I rather have?"
I do already have a 7.62 AK and I love the AK platform. Having a tough time deciding.

Anyone got both? I just got a fresh 1000 rounds of 9mm if anyone wants to go shooting lol

Right, I think it would also become a money pit for me. I see some of these Gucci scorpion builds and I'm thinking to myself "that looks awesome but after it's all said and done it probably costs the same as an HK SP5, which would I rather have?"
I do already have a 7.62 AK and I love the AK platform. Having a tough time deciding.

Anyone got both? I just got a fresh 1000 rounds of 9mm if anyone wants to go shooting lol

The 9mm version is fun, the 7.62 version is also fun - from a caliber standpoint 7.62 is obviously more potent, but from a cost standpoint, you can get 9mm cents cheaper - if that matters.

From a recoil standpoint, the 9mm version seems to have barely any, the weight and the comp on the end mitigate it. The 7.62 version definitely has more recoil, but not more than anyone who shoots 7.62 wouldn't already be used to.

It just depends on what you intend for its use, is it a fun range toy 9mm, or is it something that you might consider carrying while protecting your home. If I have to pick between 9mm and 7.62, I know what I would pick.

Benefit of doing 7.62 is you only have to own 1 type of mags if you already own AK's.

The 9mm version is fun, the 7.62 version is also fun - from a caliber standpoint 7.62 is obviously more potent, but from a cost standpoint, you can get 9mm cents cheaper - if that matters.

From a recoil standpoint, the 9mm version seems to have barely any, the weight and the comp on the end mitigate it. The 7.62 version definitely has more recoil, but not more than anyone who shoots 7.62 wouldn't already be used to.

It just depends on what you intend for its use, is it a fun range toy 9mm, or is it something that you might consider carrying while protecting your home. If I have to pick between 9mm and 7.62, I know what I would pick.

Benefit of doing 7.62 is you only have to own 1 type of mags if you already own AK's.

Oh I'm definitely buying a 9mm, just can't decide between the scorpion and Akv. If I were to buy another big boy AK it would be 5.45

If I had it to do over again, I don't know if I would do the CZ to be honest. I don't particularly like any of the other 9mm PCCs out there, so I might go with an MP5 clone. Since they're coming out with new ones now. The two things I hate about my scorpion are the OoBDs people have experienced (I like bumpfiring the last mag when I'm out having fun) and the really crappy sling points. Setting this up to sling for a hike has been stupid.

If I had it to do over again, I don't know if I would do the CZ to be honest. I don't particularly like any of the other 9mm PCCs out there, so I might go with an MP5 clone. Since they're coming out with new ones now. The two things I hate about my scorpion are the OoBDs people have experienced (I like bumpfiring the last mag when I'm out having fun) and the really crappy sling points. Setting this up to sling for a hike has been stupid.

Seems like most people set them up with the binary trigger if they're going the mod route

View attachment 688794I have a CZ. It quickly became my money pit gun. For some reason though, I'm completely ok with that. I really love it. I want to SBR one more AK pistol, but I just cant see myself with 9mm AK. Even though they would be able to take the same mags, I just feel that, if I'm getting an AK, it should be in 7.62x39. Especially since they cost the same to shoot S 9mm for the most part. Unless you are a die hard AK fan and are looking for 9mm hosts... in any case, the only down side to the CZ, imo, is the fact that they can't bump fire. Too much potential for an OoBD.

Actually, the Scorpion can bump fire. I went to the range one day and let this kid shoot my EVO pistol and the next thing I hear was a "full-auto" mag dump. I looked around wondering who was doing that. The kid had a wide grin on his face, he showed me how, and then I had the same wide grin. My pistol is stock with a brace. You have to hold it a certain way on the hip to make it work that way.
I am interested in the AKV-9mm, too, but I will wait until after the Jakyl!