JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
i Googled reviews for this and there were a lot of complaints about accuracy. Maybe the complaints were from an older generation of the same? Might be worth checking. Some alternatives in the form of complete rifles to consider are the hk 416 clone rifle or pistol @ $350 (walther made, all metal), M4 carbine clone @ $299 (walther made, lots of metal), and s&W 15-22 @ $299 (most all polymer but has standard AR trigger so you can put binary on it etc.)

Got a 7.5 inch barrel one and was getting 6 inch groups at 30ft. I contacted them and sent it back looking for some type of fix/replacement.

Haven't heard back yet on the repair/remedy if any.

i Googled reviews for this and there were a lot of complaints about accuracy. Maybe the complaints were from an older generation of the same? Might be worth checking. Some alternatives in the form of complete rifles to consider are the hk 416 clone rifle or pistol @ $350 (walther made, all metal), M4 carbine clone @ $299 (walther made, lots of metal), and s&W 15-22 @ $299 (most all polymer but has standard AR trigger so you can put binary on it etc.)

Uht oh, fingers crossed that's not the case. I have heard that PSA has pretty good customer service for situations like this, but nobody wants to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting. I suppose we'll see!

Personally, until they get the bugs worked out I'd recommend building your own with a dedicated CMMG barrel and bcg. CMMG offers a 4.5", 9", and 16" .22LR barrel.

I have the 4.5" barrel, and though I've never really shot it for groups other than sighting it in, it seems to be fairly accurate to me.

Uht oh, fingers crossed that's not the case. I have heard that PSA has pretty good customer service for situations like this, but nobody wants to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting. I suppose we'll see!
Perhaps its a barrel issue that they can fix on the next production run of barrels.?

Also it's a bit of a long shot but I wonder if the barrel length is making bulk ammo (supersonic) rounds become instable and that is magnifying the inaccuracy. What I mean is if the round starts at barely over the sound barrier and then drops below it, that can cause a lot of instability. You could easily check this by shooting bulk (supersonic) ammo groups and then shoot CCi standard velocity (1070 fps) or similar and compare the groups. If the subsonic makes good groups and supersonic is making really bad groups, then you would know this is a contributing factor. It may be a non-factor but may be worth checking.

Just looked at ballistic by the inch and CCI mini mag velocity at the muzzle is 1139 fps for example in a 7" barrel. Speed of sound is 1125 so no doubt that round it is getting instability due to the sound barrier as it would quickly drop under 1125 fps. I suppose technically such a round may still be accelerating when barely outside the barrel so it could be getting double instability via crossing the sound barrier twice (I mean the first crossing is outside of barrel possibly, all bullets start at zero fps and accelerate in the barrel of course).

Capture.JPG

Picked one up last September and am really pleased. So far about 700+ rounds through it without problems. It has not been picky about anything that I have fed it so far either.

I went with a Boonie Packer Better Mag adapter in the lower and use S&W M&P 15-22 mags.

Personally, until they get the bugs worked out I'd recommend building your own with a dedicated CMMG barrel and bcg. CMMG offers a 4.5", 9", and 16" .22LR barrel.

I have the 4.5" barrel, and though I've never really shot it for groups other than sighting it in, it seems to be fairly accurate to me.
Not to mention that you have a red dot on it and can hit a steel plate at 250 with ease. :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top