JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,
Does anyone knows of any PRS like competitions in the Oregon area? Other than the Oregon Sniper Series, I havent seen anything else similar.
Here's an example of Woody's comp:

@MEGA666 - I suggest you contact the Match Director or organizer. They should also provide you with a gate code for the event.

The 2 big TriCounty Gun Club rules that get people are:

1. No muzzle over the berm.

2. Don't touch a loaded gun, except when shooting.
If you conceal carry to the range, how do you get the loaded gun off your body? You can't just do it. You need to find someone wearing a TriCounty badge, and ask them to supervise. Not a big deal but some fellas are sticklers. You can walk around concealed - concealed is concealed - so you can get assistance. A Bag/box for the carry pistol is helpful.
Just don't de-gun in the parking lot - including while sitting in your car, or in a bay unsupervised.
And please leave your competition guns in their bags / cases until you are on the line, or directed by the Range officer.

Excellent thanks. Been a member at TCGC for years
I am worried about the loss of the pit that it could effect
the precision rifle and practical rifle matches.

Last Edited:
Excellent thanks. Been a member at TCGC for years
I am worried about the loss of the pit that it could effect
the precision rifle and practical rifle matches.
Apparently from my discussion on Tuesday with Randy, the pit after this month is gone. He's now having to redesign the match for the square ranges which will be a chore I bet.

Not starting a fight but one senior group or org. of that property are in a fight that will jeopardize the clubs future I believe. Until on side accepts that static shooting and hunting is not the only shooting sport, and accepts the wants of other shooters, the club will not be able to grow professionally

I to believe that this is going to hurt the membership. Seems like a convenient way to put a end to action shooting sport. It sad because I am unaware of any other options in the area..

@MEGA666
2. Don't touch a loaded gun, except when shooting.
If you conceal carry to the range, how do you get the loaded gun off your body? You can't just do it. You need to find someone wearing a TriCounty badge, and ask them to supervise. Not a big deal but some fellas are sticklers. You can walk around concealed - concealed is concealed - so you can get assistance. A Bag/box for the carry pistol is helpful.
Just don't de-gun in the parking lot - including while sitting in your car, or in a bay unsupervised.
And please leave your competition guns in their bags / cases until you are on the line, or directed by the Range officer.
Pardon me, but this seems pretty ridiculous. If you can carry a gun, I'm pretty sure you are OK to remove it and stash it in your car or range bag without supervision. This hits me in the same place as having to ask permission to go to the bathroom. We're grown-ups, please treat us as such.

From reading this thread, it seems like this range is run by some real arrogant people. I'm sorry y'all have to tolerate this stuff.

I don't mind the rules as 5500 members are not trained the same and I have personnel seen some careless acts. I think some type of action has to occur for rules to be developed. However, the issues at the club right now are overshadowing every displine that is covered at the club, just look at the time and effort In The last 2 newsletters.

I don't mind the rules as 5500 members are not trained the same and I have personnel seen some careless acts. I think some type of action has to occur for rules to be developed. However, the issues at the club right now are overshadowing every displine that is covered at the club, just look at the time and effort In The last 2 newsletters.

I don't buy into the "lowest common denominator" treatment.

Beauty of freedom, you don't have too!!!
You are absolutely correct. I was just saying that I feel sorry for you folks having to deal with that stuff.

I spent 4 days at the range (LGRPC) last week. 1 was during a uspsa match, the other 3 I had the place to myself, except for one old guy sighting in his PCC on Tuesday.

Pardon me, but this seems pretty ridiculous. If you can carry a gun, I'm pretty sure you are OK to remove it and stash it in your car or range bag without supervision. This hits me in the same place as having to ask permission to go to the bathroom. We're grown-ups, please treat us as such.

From reading this thread, it seems like this range is run by some real arrogant people. I'm sorry y'all have to tolerate this stuff.

This is Not directed at Roop, who I am certain is a safe and reasonable person, but an imaginary guest. Roop's statement of concern is quite common, which is why I am replying to it.

How is this an unreasonable rule?

I am a member and certified at the Action Pistol bays. I can de-gun myself, I could supervise you. But we don't know you - you are a guest. If you can't abide by the simple rules and be polite then what? No one, not members, not certified members, not SO, get to handle loaded firearms outside the shooting area (line, bay, etc) You just have to walk the few yards to the berm to pull your loaded self defense weapon, and put it in a box, then return it to your car.

Guests have to be supervised; the public is not welcome at TriCounty - only members and guests. At many competitions, non-member participants are regarded as the guest of the Match director.

How many ranges allow loaded guns in the hand while walking around ?
Sure this happens out in the forest, but at a range? Is it common?

This is Not directed at Roop, who I am certain is a safe and reasonable person, but an imaginary guest. Roop's statement of concern is quite common, which is why I am replying to it.

How is this an unreasonable rule?

I am a member and certified at the Action Pistol bays. I can de-gun myself, I could supervise you. But we don't know you - you are a guest. If you can't abide by the simple rules and be polite then what? No one, not members, not certified members, not SO, get to handle loaded firearms outside the shooting area (line, bay, etc) You just have to walk the few yards to the berm to pull your loaded self defense weapon, and put it in a box, then return it to your car.

Guests have to be supervised; the public is not welcome at TriCounty - only members and guests. At many competitions, non-member participants are regarded as the guest of the Match director.

How many ranges allow loaded guns in the hand while walking around ?
Sure this happens out in the forest, but at a range? Is it common?
The 3 or 4 ranges I frequent are not staffed. So there is no one to ask permission of. It's like going to the woods, but with a locked gate, steel targets and covered shooting benches.

This got me wondering how the ranges I frequent compare, so I asked the el pres. at Parma Rod and Gun club how many members they have. They are probably the biggest range I've been to lately, and one of the nicest in the Boise area. They have around 450 members, and no full time staff on site. So, that isn't even a worthwhile comparison. I'm not sure I can even imagine what it must be like to shoot at a range with 5500 members. No wonder they have rules about "de-gunning" in the parking lot.

To get back to the original question.... Check out http://nwprl.com... This is where all the top NW shooters are at.

I am also a member out at TCGC and shot the last Pratical Rifle "Sniper" Match Randy held out in the pit. It is such a fun area and I am super bummed that the politics involved with the club that owns the land and TCGC can't agree on what to do with the property. I would personally like to see it stay the way it is... however the club that owns the property wants to develop it into a new action bay area that they deem safer and less noisy for the neighbors near by. I'm one of those neighbors and I can tell you the noise level currently coming from the club is nothing on most days but if the wind is blowing my direction then it you can hear a few shots every so often that are only audible outside the home.

Threw in a few shots of that last match in the pit for ya...

20160213_223255010_iOS.jpg 20160213_223132450_iOS.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads