JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love my XDm .40, and I just bought the compact to go with the full sized I already had. I was curious what experience everyone here has had with the PRP Powder River Precision drop in trigger kit. I have been considering upgrading my trigger.

Any problems with them, advice, and discussion on whether you would put the match springs in your carry gun.

I put one in the wife's XD9 Mod 2 Service 4" and it works great. I will say they are very poor on the written instructions for a non gunsmith, all thumbs kind of guy. It would help immensely if you watched two or three different You Tube Videos on the subject first. It helps if you do things in sequence rather then starting in the middle and working toward both ends like I did. Still I got there.

Big difference in the trigger, worth it.

Oh and I took a XDM9 and two XDS (45 and 9) to Springer in Bend a few years back and they did "Combat" triggers on both XDS (very happy with that) while the XDM had more extensive mods that require fitting as I understand. I am happy will all the Springer work, but wanted to try PRP. Glad I did. Were I a competition guy I would take or send it to Springer, but as a guy that just wants a high quality solution that I can do at my own convenience, then PRP.

Last Edited:
I had been checking back with PRP's site since December as they had not yet released a trigger kit for the Mod 2 in 45 which is a little different from the 9 and 40 XD Mod 2's. This thread reminded me to check again, and there it was. Should be out their door on its way to my door right now.

I have them in (2) XDSs, a .45 compact XD, and an XDM full size 9 Mm.
Very satisfied with the improvement they made to each firearm. I even made the mistake of accidentally ordering (3) kits for the XD when I used a mobile device to complete the order and they took (2) of them back no questions asked and gave me a full price refund. They have my business.

Well I did my Grip Zone XD45, much easier this time. watched YouTube first just to cement it in my brain and then just did it. I replaced the OEM extractor with the much more robust PRP one while I was at it. All Good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top