JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear Friends,

I mentioned to you in my previous e-letters that I would keep you informed of any gun legislation that I introduced for the 2012 short session. I have introduced SB 1574. This is a true reciprocity bill that will allow out-of-state CHLs to be recognized in Oregon if their permitting requirements are substantially similar to Oregon's and if the other state recognizes Oregon CHLs in their state. You can review my bill, here: www.leg.state.or.us/12reg/measpdf/sb1500.dir/sb1574.intro.pdf.

This bill is the product of a work group that included representatives from the NRA, Oregon Gun Owners Association, Oregon State Police and Oregon Sheriffs Association. Unlike previous bills that were supposedly reciprocal, SB 1574 will ensure that Oregon CHL holders receive equal treatment in states that Oregon recognizes under this legislation.

The national NRA recently blogged opposition to the bill. The NRA's national office favors legislation that would permit lesser-qualified, out-of-state CHL holders to carry in Oregon. This would allow an out-of-state CHL holder who has not met the same standards as Oregonians, such as a criminal background check, not being a felon, and not having been adjudicated with a mental health illness, to have their out-of-state CHL recognized in Oregon. As an Oregonian, I do not agree with this approach. It would make Oregon residents second-class citizens in their own state.

Your opinion is important to me. I put together a brief survey on the matter. It can be accessed, here: Senator Floyd Prozanski Survey.

Please remember to contact my office to get my actual position on particular bills. Once again, the information included in Kevin Starrett's January 25 e-alert was inaccurate.

Floyd
Senator Floyd Prozanski <[email protected]>

That "survey" is such garbage. No room for actually typing or putting your opinion. All he wants is a statistic to be able to throw around. I advise all to not participate in his BS survey. Prozanski is a scam artist who hates guns and all gun owners. He would have us all locked away as criminals for owning a gun if he had his way.

From: Oregon Firearms <[email protected]> [Add to Address Book]
To: [email protected]
Subject: [OFF Alert] 02.03.12 PROZANSKI HYPES "RECIPROCITY"
Date: Feb 3, 2012 12:27 PM
Attachments: unknown-117 B unknown-727 B
OFF ALERT 02.03.12

FLOYD PROZANSKI PROMOTES HIS “RECIPROCITY” BILL.

In an email blast today, Senator Floyd Prozanski promoted his “reciprocity” bill and claimed, once again, that alerts you receive from OFF are “inaccurate.”

As usual, he does not say what is “inaccurate” in any of our alerts. (Ever wonder why?)

To get the whole story, and see Floyd’s email use this link.

If the link is not visible, you can use either of the following urls:

Oregon Firearms Federation 02.02.12 Alert

Thank you for the heads up on the survey........it read like........
"If you believe Timothy McVey was just protesting his government and shouldn't have been accountable for killing innocent children, check here......."
"If you believe the Unibomber was just misunderstood, check here........"
"If you believe pigs fly, check here........"

When in all reality is should read, "the good senator is CERTAIN that all who would like to excercize their rights are Felons, Insane, Untrained, Illegal Immagrants, and/or Not background checked......

What a jackass......seriously? I think we should restrict his free speech rights like he wants to restrict gun rights........let's register/fingerprint and license him......then see how much regulation he wants....

sorry......rant off.

We should try to get a law passed that would make members of the legislature have to take a test on the United States and Oregon State Constitutions yearly. Imagine what a knowledgeable group of lawmakers could accomplish....

I took his stupid survey and then emailed this to him:

I took your survey, but as with most surveys it does not really capture how I feel about this.

1. I do not believe that ANY permit should be necessary to exercise a right. The right to bear arms is supposedly guaranteed under the US Constitution and the Oregon State Constitution.
a. Do you believe that rights need permits to exercise them? How about right to speech and religion? Where are the permits for those?
b. Do you take your oath of office seriously to protect the Oregon Constitution?

2. Given that the Oregon legislature has decided to curtail our right to bear arms by requiring a concealed permit, what criteria do I believe should be required to obtain such a permit:
a. US citizenship
b. No outstanding warrants, not under probation
c. THAT IS ALL. No background check, no mental health check, no refusal for any other reason.

3. What out-of-state permits should be recognized in Oregon
a. All of them, since they all meet the criteria above

Please take your oath of office seriously and stop proposing legislation contrary to the Oregon State Constitution and the US Constitution.

That survey looks to be nothing more than for him to show a level of support for his bill.

What state issues a permit to felons?

Prozanski is try to sneak these bills Thur in a short cession. write these people. Remember you are there BOSS.

OFF ALERT 02.03.12
ANTI GUN BILLS IN THE SENATE

Sorry to trouble you with two alerts in one day, but things are happening very quickly in this “short” session.

Senator Floyd Prozanski has scheduled three gun bills for a hearing on Feb.8.

These bills are SB 1550,1551 and 1574.

1550 bans licensed concealed carry on school property.

1551 bans licensed concealed carry in all public buildings.

1574 is a supposed “reciprocity” bill we told you about in our Jan. 25th alert.

There have been no issues that warrant these attacks.

SB 1550 and 1551 are the most dangerous bills we will face this session. It is critical that you act immediately.

If you can attend the hearing, it will be at 1pm, Feb. 8, in hearing room 343 in the Capitol. Whether you can be there or not, please contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and tell them “hands off my gun rights.”

Please send the short, clear message “NO on 1550 and 1551!"

The members of the committee are listed below:

Floyd Prozanski
503-986-1704
[email protected]

Jackie Dingfelder
503-986-1723
[email protected]

Jeff Kruse
503-986-1701
[email protected]

Doug Whitsett
503-986-1728
[email protected]

Peter Courtney
503-986-1600
[email protected]

Reply from Senator Doug Whitsett. I think I love this guy. He is a keeper.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your thoughts/comments on SB 1550 and SB 1551. As you may know, Senator Whitsett sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee where these two Bills will be heard. He stands in opposition and will vote no on any attempt to punish law-abiding citizens or restrict gun rights in Oregon.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Judy
w/ Senator Doug Whitsett

PS sent Judy a reply thanking her. don't get many replys like that.

Wow. That survey is insane.

As to what states allow felons to own guns? None. Not. A. One. Even the Constitutional-carry states disallow felons from owning/carrying, just as Oregon disallows felons from open carrying.

What states allow people with vacated felonies to own a gun? A few. Including Oregon.

Yeah, I'm going to have a chat with Floyd about that ridiculous poll.

Liberal CHL Legislation Survey

1. Do you agree with the NRA national office that out-of-state CHL holders should not be required to meet substantially similar standards to those required for Oregonians to receive a CHL?
Do you agree with the NRA national office that out-of-state CHL holders should not be required to meet substantially similar standards to those required for Oregonians to receive a CHL?

Yes

No

2. If you agree with the NRA national office position, do you believe that any of the following individuals should be allowed to carry concealed in Oregon, even though Oregonians would be denied a CHL for the same reasons?
If you agree with the NRA national office position, do you believe that any of the following individuals should be allowed to carry concealed in Oregon, even though Oregonians would be denied a CHL for the same reasons?

Felons

Individuals adjudicated to be suffering from a mental illness

Individuals who have not completed a training course

Individuals who are not U.S. citizens or legal residents

Individuals who aren’t required to complete a fingerprint criminal background check?

Accept under the Gun Control Act of 1968 no felon may purchase, transfer, or otherwise be in the possession of any firearm.

They aren't allowed to vote either, but I don't see people lining up for background checks to get into the polls anywhere... And here in Oregon with the vote by mail and those dinky little voter registration postcards, you can't tell me it wouldn't be easy as hell to get one by illegitimate means.

And who, except the moonbat liberals, is suggesting that convicted felons would have guns by some imaginary legal means? It's illegal, and no one is talking about changing that.

Catcow, that was in response to the question of felons having CCWs and the response that they currently could in those states and should be allowed to carry anywhere. This is incorrect and I was pointing that out. Furthermore, just because the current system ALLOWS for voter fraud doesn't mean we should keep it.

Furthermore, just because the current system ALLOWS for voter fraud doesn't mean we should keep it.

It won't be changed. If proof of legal status, eligible to vote, still alive, etc. was required in oregon the current career politicians in power now would lose too many votes without their ace in the hole "votes"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top