Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Proving the right to work in the US....a recent development?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brutus57, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I changed jobs a few months ago and had to furnish the usual documents to prove I was a US citizen, etc., etc. But what had seemed to change was now...that paper work had the Department of Homeland Security on the letterhead and not Immigration. Anybody know when this changed? I think we can all guess the why?

Brutus Out! :huh:

2. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a component of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It performs many administrative functions formerly carried out by the former United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), which was part of the Department of Justice. The stated priorities of the USCIS are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services. USCIS is headed by a director who reports directly to the Deputy Secretary for Homeland Security. USCIS was formerly and briefly named the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS), before becoming USCIS.