JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
106110968_3736616333020813_6638727266021067106_n.jpg

The wife and I moved here from Canada back in 2001. I was lucky enough (and worked hard enough) to educate myself and build a set of skills the United States government felt would be of some value to this country and its economy. It was an honor and privilege to be given that opportunity and I will be forever grateful for that. And after many long years going through the system, the wife and I eventually became proud US citizens. We will never forget how awe-inspired we felt to stand before a judge in the Federal Courthouse in downtown Portland to swear our oath of allegiance to the United States and to the Constitution.

I am not ashamed to be of Canadian descent. I am proud of the fact that so many Canadians fought side-by-side with our American brothers for freedom and liberty on the battlefields of Europe. But the wife and I could see the writing on the wall, and so it was time to dig in, work hard and see if we could move to that last great bastion of freedom to our south. And after much patience, diligence and hard work, we finally made it.

Sadly, the real shock to us today is what we seem to be witnessing in our new homeland. As folks who are a bit older (and hopefully a bit wiser) who have seen (and read) some history, we can only shake our heads at the tragic ignorance of so many young people in this country today. As citizens who have swore an oath to uphold and defend the laws and Constitution of the United States, we feel it is our duty to help those who will listen appreciate how truly blessed they are to live in this great country. And to never, ever take it for granted. In all honesty and sincerity, we want to say - especially on this 4th of July - God Bless America!

Sorry for the somewhat emotional response, but this thread really got me - especially with what we see going on in America today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top