JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Done!. Well. 99% done; I havent sewn the final velcro attachment for the back panel's inner panels to connect; but so far its not 100% needed, and feels good...
Specs
1000D Cordura, Woodland Camo
Camo Green 483 webbing; used up 10 yards of the 1" webbing.. lesson learned, get way more than needed
Ranger Green velcro
Forest/Hunter green medium weight polyester mesh
Black Duraflex Mojave buckles from National Molding Inc; 1"
Black steel rectangle loops, 2"

Using Safariland 3A body armor inserts in 2XL size, S3A model, made 2001; expired 14 years ago.
Level 3 Special Threat Rated for M855A1/SS109 ICW ceramic 10x12 multicurve plates from LBA International (under Safariland Group LTD); expired 2009ish. not for sale ;)
Front panel is about the same width as a Tactical Tailor MAV
20200701_155151.jpg 20200701_155217.jpg 20200701_155320.jpg 20200701_155338.jpg 20200701_155425.jpg 20200701_155404.jpg

Good lord. 10 rifle mags loaded, 2 pistol mags loaded, I usually run pistol on trouser belt in a Bianchi holster when I carry; 2 empty canteens... full body armor set... its heavy and hot. Comfortable though, moreso than the tan carrier with its worn out elastic bands.
2x canteen covers, 2x pistol mag pouches, 2x CMVS Triple pouches (usually on a belt kit..) and 2x double M16 pouches. 20200701_163503.jpg
And silly pics!
20200701_163824.jpg 20200701_163830.jpg

Good lord. 10 rifle mags loaded, 2 pistol mags loaded, I usually run pistol on trouser belt in a Bianchi holster when I carry; 2 empty canteens... full body armor set... its heavy and hot. Comfortable though, moreso than the tan carrier with its worn out elastic bands.
2x canteen covers, 2x pistol mag pouches, 2x CMVS Triple pouches (usually on a belt kit..) and 2x double M16 pouches. View attachment 717014
And silly pics!
View attachment 717015View attachment 717016
AWESOME BRO....

Good lord. 10 rifle mags loaded, 2 pistol mags loaded, I usually run pistol on trouser belt in a Bianchi holster when I carry; 2 empty canteens... full body armor set..
Good Lord is right!
My LBV weighs a TON with about the same load out as you landed on (6 M4 mags, pistol mags, canteens, etc) without plates.

Wear that thing around and nobody will EVER accuse you of skipping "leg day".

Nice job... looks like a complicated pattern.

Good Lord is right!
My LBV weighs a TON with about the same load out as you landed on (6 M4 mags, pistol mags, canteens, etc) without plates.

Wear that thing around and nobody will EVER accuse you of skipping "leg day".

Nice job... looks like a complicated pattern.
Lugging around 50-100 lbs of natural armor and fatty gels already makes my legs look like a football lineman's legs, then again, I was a large football player almost 20 years ago :oops: the pattern looks complicated, but it is just many small steps.. the most difficult part was getting the MOLLE/ALICE webbing lined up, and even then, its not production perfect :s0092:

Something like this would be a boon to this type of gear making, especially for standardized patterns (like a certain rucksack.... )

This setup should make going prone more easy with old school triples :s0092: Will definitely have to run drills with it on to confirm its usability compared to the 3-4 M4 flap pouch setup.
3x USGI pistol pouches, 2x USGI CMVS triple ammo pouches, M12 Bianchi holster. Shown with the SARCO .223 Wylde 16" M4 style AR and the Ruger P85MKIIR 20200708_173528.jpg

Slight change in the gear layout, instead of utility pockets, I put 3 pistol mag pockets on, and in this, I'm also wearing a Camelbak Ambush hydration carrierView attachment 730195
How do you like the Camelbak? I've been considering getting something similar but prices and reviews seem to be all over the place.
Too important to cheap-out on and too expensive to make a mistake in selection/buying.

O... and you need an Esee-3 on there somewhere. Gotta have a good, usable knife.

How do you like the Camelbak? I've been considering getting something similar but prices and reviews seem to be all over the place.
Too important to cheap-out on and too expensive to make a mistake in selection/buying.

O... and you need an Esee-3 on there somewhere. Gotta have a good, usable knife.
Its the older model with only one zippered pocket, not two like newer line. Its decent, and fits well :) I'm on the lookout for a decent tac knife myself... although I sometime carry a 1960s carbon steel 4.5" bowie profile hunting knife lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top