JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
22_3.jpg

If you don't recognize it, that is the Elk Fountain in Downtown PDX.

"A protestor sits outside the federal courthouse as his horse, Lady Liberty, gets a drink from a fountain in Portland, Ore., on Tuesday. Opening statements are set to begin in the trial of the Bundy brothers, Ammon and Ryan, and five others who occupied a remote bird sanctuary in Oregon's high desert early this year. The standoff drew national attention to the decades-old fight between the federal government and Western states over land policy.Don Ryan/AP"

Photos of the day 09/13 - The Christian Science Monitor

Well, of course its 6.5 million in government currency so take that as you will. I am sure when the Feds pay 400 dollars for a hammer and such, their exchange rate is off. I am also certain they inflated the actual cost.

That being said, they absolutely DID damage the area, the inside of the buildings and they used a trench to defecate / urinate in etc. Bio waste can be expensive to clean. It always expensive to clean federally protected wildlife areas when humans trash them.

Speaking of Human Waste, those Occupy Portland protestors did a lot more physical damage as well as negatively impacting the downtown economy and I don't recall any multiple felony arrests.

I am not sure what is going on with the Native Tribes vs pipeline, but it sounds like the same thing. Federal overreach.

The Occupy protesters were on public land. They absolutely damaged Portland and there should have been multiple arrests. It is Portland though, who cares if the scum damage the city, the last mayor gave them free reign to do it and its still happening.

The Occupy protesters also didn't invade a Federal property with firearms, call in and house and felons with firearms, refuse to obey lawful orders, and cause a standoff that got a guy killed.

Notice how the computers a higher $ value with information the refuge will need is placed on the ground. If they were going to destroy the place I doubt they would have just placed them on the floor instea of just pushing them off the desk.

The Government is a sore loser.
Well, with nearly limitless resources the Government is rarely the loser, unless they deem it in their best interest to withdraw from the field. Overcharging, charging on multiple levels of government, criminal followed by civil charges or just plain foot dragging can overwhelm and exhaust the resources of any individual. The Malheur Militia were knuckleheads, in my opinion, but heaven help you if the government decides to make an example of you.

The Feds did not pile on multiple charges in this case because they did not want to give the jury the option to select a lesser charge. It was an all or nothing question and the jury saw that the occupiers did not have a plan, therefore there was no conspiracy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top