Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Protecting Recruiting offices

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cogs, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I finally had a chance to stop by and visit our dedicated protectors of our military recruiting offices in Vancouver. Hung for a while, watched, listened and learned. A great group of 2A believers showing their respect and honor to our military in a meaningful way. My hat's off to all of you who participate everyday with out fail. I'm also impressed with those who chip in after work or on a weekend. Nice work folks!

I just wanted to encourage you to help out, every so often, and share the load. They may be there a while.

Don't go if you are not serious about what your mission is. This is not just for the fun of it. It's not to show off how cool you are. It's not to make a loud 2A statement. It's not to get your picture in the paper or 5 O'clock news. It's not to promote conflicts. It's not about you.

Go there to help protect our recruiters. Simple as that. It's about respect and honor.

Contact NWFA member @GunRightsCoalition for the info you need. Thank you!

Protect Recruiters.jpg

2. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It is rewarding though. When the day is done each day we know that we are doing something good.

Note: This week we are also accepting donations for firefighting relief efforts. The following items are needed the most. Swing by from 0900 to 1900 any day this week except Friday. (Friday afternoon we will get anything left to the trucks to head North) If your interested in maybe helping stand guard but want to check it out first bring by some supplies and check it out first.

Items needed:
    -Gatorade
    -Trail Mix
    -Beef Jerky
    -Granola Bars
    -Bananas
    -Chapstick
    -Sunscreen
    -Foot powder
    -Baby Wipes
    -Blankets
    -Socks, t-shirts and underwear (COTTON, NO SYNTHETICS)
    -Gum
    -Bag-balm
    -Bandanas
    -Protein Bars

BoonDocks36 and Cogs like this.
  3. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

GunRights, are these donations going only to firefighters or does some go to the victims of fires? I'd like to include a note to the firefighters, along with the donation, that expresses my appreciation, however, wanted to be sure it's going to the firefighters.

4. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

What is the organization that is doing this around the Portland area ? Now that I am officially retired I have some time on my hands and would be willing to participate but I need to stay in Oregon. I talked to someone and he mentioned the 3%ers but as there are several similar groups I am unsure of which one is involved in this.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Is guarding Recruiting Stations even happening in the greater PDX area? Haven't seen anything about it!

6. Cogs

7. GunRightsCoalition

Both, if you write on the bag or package to specify one or the other then it will go to them.

Cogs likes this.
  8. GunRightsCoalition

Try Heirs of Patrick Henry, Northwest (Send BJ Soper a message)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506725609614603/

BJ Soper
    https://www.facebook.com/bj.soper.5

9. GunRightsCoalition

Not certain, I know there were some but not sure if they are still out there. If not then grab a few people and go on out.

Some tips:
    Dress appropriately. Consider that you may at any time be placed in front of a live news camera. (More likely a supporter from the community will want to take a picture) Be prepared for people in the community to come up to thank you and offer support. Contrary to what the media might lead everyone to believe the community as a whole (there is always an exception) and the recruiters are glad we are there.

Practice safe firearm discipline. Do not clean your weapons. Do not fondle your weapons. I shouldn't have to say practice trigger discipline, because at no time should your finger be anywhere near the trigger. Please consider keeping long guns at home or in vehicles out of sight. Keep your sidearms holstered at all times.

Do not act threatening or intimidating. Be courteous and avoid blocking or impeding foot traffic.

Assess the area to find potential dangerous areas, have a minimum of two people there, don't group up in one spot.

Remember, we are out there to support the recruiters, not to demonstrate or create a scene.

For those that have lost faith in humanity I highly suggest a few days out doing this. You will see an outpouring of support that will help to restore it.

U201491, oknow, Cogs and 1 other person like this.
  10. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I rolled by the Bend recruiting office a week ago to drop off water and Gatorade to our guys. There was one guy, armed, sitting down, texting on his smarty phone. Totally unaware of my presence. Please take the mission seriously or stay home. Also, with large parking lots, perimeter watch and radio communication should be considered. Just sayin....

U201491 and Cogs like this.
  11. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe he was texting his perimeter watch. ;)

12. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did the recon.....not thinking so....but hey....another beautiful day in Bend! :D