JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would consider myself 'antifa' as I am against fascism, I love the 2A, and so do most of my 'antifa' friends, but that's fairly anecdotal. I'm not going to generalize a whole group of people that I don't really know too well.

You're more than welcome to your political opinions too, I have mostly different ones than the regular folks here, and I'm fairly certain I've never said anyone was wrong for having a different opinion. I usually just say we're looking at the same problem from different perspectives. As long as you are not using your political opinions to justify hurting people, I couldn't care less about your existence.

I would consider myself 'antifa' as I am against fascism, I love the 2A, and so do most of my 'antifa' friends, but that's fairly anecdotal. I'm not going to generalize a whole group of people that I don't really know too well.

You're more than welcome to your political opinions too, I have mostly different ones than the regular folks here, and I'm fairly certain I've never said anyone was wrong for having a different opinion. I usually just say we're looking at the same problem from different perspectives. As long as you are not using your political opinions to justify hurting people, I couldn't care less about your existence.

Pretty sure the overwhelming majority of the folks here are 'against fascism' as well.
I really want to know who all theses fascists are - since we're not generalizing...

I think the only differences we have are the definition of "Fascist".

Destroying property doesn't hurt people?

You have more in common with BLM than you think.

I know exactly how much in common I have with them. That's not the issue.

Salem PD threatened me with arrest when we stood in support of a Salon in Salem. It's not illegal, it's the damn first amendment. Yet there it was.

Liberty does not choose sides. BLM are wrong about everything but that doesn't mean a cop won't arrest you for not breaking the law.

We're not going to turn this thread into a group bashing session, yes the Police are a group and like all group shouldn't be broad brushed like this. Stay on topic or you'll own the thread being closed.

A personal anecdote. No partisan editorializing here, just factual observations.

My wife has a friend who runs a business downtown. She is an immigrant and successful entrepreneur. She has voted democrat in every election since becoming a citizen, out of gratitude to the Clinton administration, which she credits for allowing her to come here.

Today we went to visit her at her shop. She looked like a different person, older and with stress lines on her face that weren't there before. She had been harassed and intimidated by BLM activists during the recent demonstrations, while trying to protect her business.

She has changed. She is now streaming Fox News into the shop on wide screen and proclaiming she will vote for Trump in the next election. She said to me, "When you do too much, you push people to the other side."

Are you breaking windows of capitalists and/or beating up people who disagree with you? That would be fascism I too am anti fascist. But Antifa is as fascist as it gets. Read any history of Germany or Italy in the 30s. Anyone would recognize antifa's tactics as identical to Mussolini's bullies or Hitler's brownshirts. Smashing the property of their "opposition, beating up people who speak out against them and similar tactics are what Hitler's nazis and Mussolini's fascisti did. Using fascist tactics to get their way kinda makes them fascists, wouldn't you say?

1) "Koreans weren't joking around during the LA riots. And considering Korea has mandatory service, you bet most of those Korean immigrants were military trained."
Two Viet Nam vets of my acquaintance had stories about the ROK troops being some mighty tough folks.
A) VC in the custody of American troops laughed at any threats made about refusal to participate in show and tell. As soon as they heard "OK, you can talk to the ROKs." they got scared enough to cry. Apparently for good reason.
B) ROK troop caught with/disributing dope in the field. Shot on the spot by the unit CO. Apocryphical story? Maybe.

2) Good friend who lives in Casper, WY participate in an ad hoc militia muster to protect life and property when the Professionally Outraged showed up to protest/loot/riot.
The Twit Brigade decided to behave themselves.

As long as you are not using your political opinions to justify hurting people, I couldn't care less about your existence.

Still stuck on this one...
Because - well, this is the exactly what Afa uses as their justification to harm people. Hurt them without impunity.
Label any and all who disagree with you - and boom! They're Fascists! Then stage 2's mantra - "Bash the Fash!" comes into play.
Why all the weapons, shields and armor?
It's almost like these folks come looking for a fight.
And are surprised when they find one. :(

Last Edited:
Bad news for Veteran and bar owner. Because of public pressure they reconvened a Grand Jury which decided to charge this Vet for his efforts to defend himself during riots. Another example of our wacky world where the good guys are charged and the bad guys are labeled as the victims.

Opposite_Day_title_card.png

The above article is a must read for those who are willing to defend themselves with a firearm.

"The grand jury returned an indictment today against Jake Gardner," Franklin said. "They were able to able to get evidence into Mr. Gardner's state of mind, as a part of what was presented to them through this investigation."​
He said the manslaughter charge "does not rest solely on an analysis of the video that has been played in the media already" that reportedly showed Gardner pinned down by Scurlock at one point during their fight.​
Franklin said jurors were able to get insight into Gardner's "state of mind" and his actions before the shooting from his phone and Facebook account.​

My emphasis added. I've talked about how important it is to understand, prepare for and practice what happens after a DGU in many other threads, here is yet another. Key takeaway, the DA initially refused to file charges (based on factual evidence removed from public pressure). The grand jury can and will be swayed by these factors, as can a jury.

There is "antifacist", which is a sentiment or a political opinion. Then there is Antifa, an organization. It is possible that the two do not correlate very well, and in fact can almost be opposites. Same thing with "black lives matter", a sentiment that happens to be just a corollary of "all lives matter" (also a sentiment); and then there is Black Lives Matter, the organization. Groups such as these like to choose a name that disguises what is really going on. Confusion is part of their strategy.

From my quotes file:
"The most effective way of making people accept the validity of the values they are to serve is to persuade them that they are really the same as those which they... have always held... The people are made to transfer their allegiance from the old gods to the new under the pretense that the new gods really are what their sound instinct had always told them but what before they had only dimly seen. And the most effective way to this end is to use the old words but change their meaning.

Few traits of totalitarian regimes are at the same time so confusing to the superficial observer and yet so characteristic of the whole intellectual climate as the complete perversion of language, the change of meaning of the words by which the ideals of the new regimes are expressed....

If one has not one's self experienced this process, it is difficult to appreciate the magnitude of this change of the meaning of words, the confusion it causes, and the barriers to any rational discussion which it creates... And the confusion becomes worse because this change of meaning of words describing political ideals is not a single event but a continuous process, a technique employed consciously or unconsciously to direct the people. Gradually, as this process continues, the whole language becomes despoiled, and words become empty shells deprived of any definite meaning, as capable of denoting one thing as its opposite and used solely for the emotional associations which still adhere to them."
-- Friedrich Hayek, "The Road to Serfdom"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads