JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have watched a couple of inspiring videos where citizens took a stand to prevent businesses from being looted. How can we make this more common place? If you have other videos of this type of effort please share them on this thread.

It's great to see the organizers and participants themselves try and redirect the negative energy, but would I put my life or well being on the line to protect material possessions belonging to a corporation who has insurance? Not a chance. Of course, that's why I don't live in a big city and I'm not out there mixing it up with the rioters.

They come to my house though, that I will not stand for.

I have watched a couple of inspiring videos where citizens took a stand to prevent businesses from being looted. How can we make this more common place? If you have other videos of this type of effort please share them on this thread.

The males in that community should be embarrassed that a little redheaded woman has bigger balls than they do.

My sister from LA said that signs were up in some shop windows.........

Black Owned
and
Minority Owned

Yeah......the looters didn't hit them.

Smart?

Whatever.

BUT.....so much for the BS of......

We're in this together.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but think about it a second.....YUP.....
thats-racist.gif

My sister from LA said that signs were up in some shop windows.........

Black Owned
and
Minority Owned

Yeah......the looters didn't hit them.

Smart?

Whatever.

BUT.....so much for the BS of......

We're in this together.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but think about it a second.....YUP.....
View attachment 704640
Imagine if every shop and business put that up in all their windows in a city expecting looting, I wonder if they wouldnt break into the minority owned targets and louis vitton stores?

WHO WERE THE LOOTERS?

LOL. even if you could nail it down. If caught.....the response would probably be the standard........

Disclaimer: The observation(s) of individual actions or in-actions by individual members of the ___________ does NOT necessarily reflect the.....la, la, la....

Aloha, Mark

With regards to downtown Portland, for many of these businesses, they have had fair warning for years now that they risk damage from riots, and for a significant percentage of them, they do not need to be downtown, they could be anywhere in the greater Portland area - Beaverton, etc., and not have to deal with this crap.

Don't forget to scroll down and watch the interview with the guy leading the stop-the-looting group.

Some quotes, paraphrased:

"We wanted to stop the looting...because the people trying it were undercover NYPD"

"Our protest is peaceful."

Would subversive parties "join in" to cause chaos for their own means? Yea, I can believe that.

Do those parties include bad actors in law enforcement? Well, it does stand to reason...

I just want to put a reminder out there.... the best way to avoid a violent encounter is to not be there in the first place. Don't go looking for a fight and please don't put yourself in a situation where you are protecting property with a lethal weapon. Should "simple violence (not aggregated assault) escalate, just entering a weapon into the mix will escalate it to aggravated assault with you being the guilty one. This is not intended to be a debate about what should and shouldn't be legal or right but it is what it is. Not to mention that any non-discriminate use of firearms in these times will do irreparable damage to what we're are trying to do to change the perception of the anti-gunners. Avoid any scenarios where there is violence if you are a firearm carrier (or not for that matter). I also recommend the right kind of training (or course I do, right?) but seriously, building the skill level and having the confidence of knowing exactly what you are capable of during an ambush attack goes a very long ways to keeping your gun in it's holster. Not to mention gun retention training. This is why we train with inert firearms. At the DAC we go hands-on in our training to learn at this level. I really don't want to make this a commercial so I'll stop there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top