JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you have comprehensive insurance policy on your own personal property, person and goods in case say, someone loots your home, or carjacks, or mug you?, and are you allowed to put up plywood or fencing around your home?

After all, that is the best protection you can have :s0100:
Thread title says "business", not home.

pro·tect
(prə-tĕkt′)
tr.v. pro·tect·ed, pro·tect·ing, pro·tects
a.
To keep from being damaged, attacked, stolen, or injured; guard. See Synonyms at defend.
b. To keep from being subjected to difficulty or unpleasantness: a mother who wanted to protect her children from the troubles she had seen when growing up.
c. To keep from being curtailed or exposed to risk: The reporter vowed to protect the privacy of his sources.

Insurance doesn't protect you or your property, it might reimburse you for some damages but we should not accept the damage occuring in the first place.
This is a common excuse thrown out by those who wish to accept the looting, burning, killing instead of condeming it.

The best protection for your retail business is an insurance policy, followed by plywood or fencing.

Insurance doesn't protect you or your property, it might reimburse you for some damages but we should not accept the damage occuring in the first place.
This is a common excuse thrown out by those who wish to accept the looting, burning, killing instead of condeming it.
You missed the second part of my statement about a physical barrier (plywood, fencing).

I love your world view and expectations.
He lost his insurance BEFORE all this started. You know - that everyday micro-looting that gets overlooked.
So his guns didn't prevent looting then, but they'll work now?

Your friend has a couple of options.

1) Live in a guard shack outside his business forever.

2) Insurance and barriers

So his guns didn't prevent looting then, but they'll work now?

bbbn.jpg

Its easy to say Insurance , board up the windows , guards and guns....
All of which are important to have and make use of....
I am not arguing that at all.
One needs to do what one can to protect their livelihood.

Its less easy to understand the "How" behind the need for any of the above.
As in :
How is...
Looting a store , getting justice for someone who suffered an injustice...?
Vandalizing a store , a building , a statue , etc...Helping to "right" a wrong...?
Blocking roads and the like helping to defuse a tense situation...?

Of course the above "How is " are not part of a legitimate protest....
Protesting has a long a protected history here in the US.

The above "How is" are all part of the actions of those who are criminals at best...and perhaps terrorists at worst.
One may need to ask :
How do I protect my business from criminals and terrorists
Andy

My Lord, will someone please stick a pin in that woman's bubblegum and deflate that Michelin Person? o_O

She's a big gal, alright.

But the sign she's holding is what caught my attention. I was unaware of the slaughter that happened in Haiti. Interesting that some of the protesters have the mindset this woman is promoting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top