JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is what I'm talking about, good on them.

This is what I'm talking about, good on them.

I gotta figure out how to join these guys!

It's great to see the organizers and participants themselves try and redirect the negative energy, but would I put my life or well being on the line to protect material possessions belonging to a corporation who has insurance? Not a chance.

Target, for example, sells food and other necessities of daily life and provides decent jobs. A lot of poor city folk of all colors don't have cars. For some of them protecting Target is, to some extent, in their own self-interest, especially if looters and arsonists have already destroyed nearby essential businesses. Your mileage may vary.

Last Edited:
For those who think this was a solely a protest...who brings a hammer to a protest? :rolleyes:

Well, its for building relationships, of course

Same people who supply all those bricks, maybe?

No, the bricks are there to symbolize the walls we build between ourselves and they are throwing the bricks to symbolize the breaking down of those barriers. Unfortunately in their zeal to show their love of their fellow man, they throw the bricks a bit too hard and inaccurately which is how some of those windows got broken, However, good hearted people of the Antifa and BLM movements are going through those windows to take out items that were accidentally damaged. They'll take them to their homes to repair them before returning them to their rightful owners

Betcha THAT will get me a job offer from CNN;)

Well, its for building relationships, of course

No, the bricks are there to symbolize the walls we build between ourselves and they are throwing the bricks to symbolize the breaking down of those barriers. Unfortunately in their zeal to show their love of their fellow man, they throw the bricks a bit too hard and inaccurately which is how some of those windows got broken, However, good hearted people of the Antifa and BLM movements are going through those windows to take out items that were accidentally damaged. They'll take them to their homes to repair them before returning them to their rightful owners

Betcha THAT will get me a job offer from CNN;)
No, that'll get you a governorship or mayorship. :s0140:

It's great to see the organizers and participants themselves try and redirect the negative energy, but would I put my life or well being on the line to protect material possessions belonging to a corporation who has insurance? Not a chance. Of course, that's why I don't live in a big city and I'm not out there mixing it up with the rioters.

They come to my house though, that I will not stand for.
To me...I would not be protecting their products, but the jobs people would be put out of. Also, those insurance costs are eventually passed on to me through increased premiums and higher product costs. I would likely do the same thing at my local grocery store, since they supply me with the things I need to survive.

Citizens could protect their communities without weapons if they have sufficient numbers and a minority presence of LE nearby. Imagine a group of 20 plus citizens blocking each entrance to the stores and accompanied by a couple of law enforcement.

Until the crowd shows up with weapons, be it rocks, molotov cocktails, boards, bricks or any other number of weapon type articles. Unless you are better armed and trained and motivated than your opposition, and prepared to apply the overwhelming force and violence required to repel and overcome the force and violence thrown at you, then you should probably just stay home, drink some beer and watch it all unfold on the lying media stations.

Asking citizens to try and prevent crime while unarmed and faced with a possibly armed opposition force is going to get you asked as to WTF you are thinking. Just my opinion.

Until the crowd shows up with weapons, be it rocks, molotov cocktails, boards, bricks or any other number of weapon type articles. Unless you are better armed and trained and motivated than your opposition, and prepared to apply the overwhelming force and violence required to repel and overcome the force and violence thrown at you, then you should probably just stay home, drink some beer and watch it all unfold on the lying media stations.

Asking citizens to try and prevent crime while unarmed and faced with a possibly armed opposition force is going to get you asked as to WTF you are thinking. Just my opinion.
That would be a bad situation, fortunately for others who had successfully deterred looting, they didn't encounter that type of crowd. I would think looters are going to take the path of least resistance. If they see a crowd of citizens with a couple of cops nearby blocking an entrance to a store like the local liquor store for example, they might choose to pick another store. There will be no shortage of stores to choose from that will be unguarded. If firearms are an option bring it on.

There will be no shortage of stores to choose from that will be unguarded. If firearms are an option bring it on.

There are many examples in our state and Washington of recent, in the last 5 days or less, of groups of armed citizens that have stood by downtown areas, courthouses and sheriffs and police stations and their mere presence there armed in legal and appropriate manners kept violence from happening. Klamath Falls, St Helens Snohimish are just a couple of them. I got this directly from one of the participants in the St Helens. These were mostly younger male patriots, veterans, non veterans, obviously trained and skilled, providing the deterrent force for anything to even start and overwhelm the local police and sheriff's department.

In California, the small Sierra foothill town of Sonora had 5 busloads of protestors come to town to "protest". For whatever reason, some groups of Hellz Angles took offense to this and went up there and parked close to 50 motorcycles on a full block in downtown. With the Angles watching and quenching their thirst and making sure their patches were seen, the protest went off peacefully, with no violence and law breaking. The mere presence of this group prevented trouble. A tale of two extremes there. EDIT : This was also related to me by a person on the scene with confirming video as well.

If you have two groups equally armed and prepared and outfitted and they are in conflict over something, they are going to rumble and rumble a lot, there will be injury, damage and possible death. If just one of those groups is armed better than the other, the one planning opposition may just want to rethink their chances of success before embarking on some kind of boogaloo that they have at a minimum under 50% chance of winning. This is why being superior to your opponent in all ways is important to maintaining the status quo or the change you seek.

Last Edited:
Local Arizona business owners were supposedly offering free cans of wasp-hornet spray to others on the same street. Said as true from local firearms dealer, who has interaction with same type business, if threatened by protestors.

"Us older guys can't do much to help out"

Seems to me, the older you get, the more help you can be. After all, you don't have to worry about supporting family at that stage. The most dangerous man is one with nothing to lose, and having one foot in the grave definitely puts you in that category.

In case someone get annoyed at me for saying so, I am 70.

Hummm....the article leads off saying.....

A white Omaha bar owner who shot and killed a black protester over the weekend will not be facing charges after prosecutors determined he had acted in self-defense, a county attorney said Monday.

I'd say.....that a "black protester" does NOT = a non-violent black person protesting injustice. Then, why not lose the colors altogether?

So anyway, I'm confused....what was the article saying about the deceased? Perhaps? It's another example of the press attempting/redefining/tweaking the narrative by playing with words?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Hummm....the article leads off saying.....

A white Omaha bar owner who shot and killed a black protester over the weekend will not be facing charges after prosecutors determined he had acted in self-defense, a county attorney said Monday.

I'd say.....that a "black protester" does NOT = a non-violent black person protesting injustice. Then, why not lose the colors altogether?

So anyway, I'm confused....what was the article saying about the deceased? Perhaps? It's another example of the press attempting/redefining/tweaking the narrative by playing with words?

Aloha, Mark
The media are agitators, stoking the fire makes for more stories which equals more ad revenue.

The best protection for your retail business is an insurance policy, followed by plywood or fencing.
Do you have comprehensive insurance policy on your own personal property, person and goods in case say, someone loots your home, or carjacks, or mug you?, and are you allowed to put up plywood or fencing around your home?

After all, that is the best protection you can have :s0100:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top