JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My take is that neither party wants a gun control bill to pass, but for different reasons. Republicans would lose votes for supporting one. Democrats don't want any gun control bill that passes to be signed by Trump.

Republicans would rather campaign in 2020 with 'we fought off the gun grabbers' and Democrats want to campaign on 'vote in a Democrat House, Senate and White House' so we can pass the gun control bill we really secretly want. To do that, they need to put a cork in Beat-hole.

beto.png

If nothing passes Schumer gets to stomp his feet and say he tried to do something and the Dem candidates can claim that Trump is a big orange meanie at the next debate or on Tuesday, whichever comes first.

My take is that neither party wants a gun control bill to pass, but for different reasons. Republicans would lose votes for supporting one. Democrats don't want any gun control bill that passes to be signed by Trump.

Republicans would rather campaign in 2020 with 'we fought off the gun grabbers' and Democrats want to campaign on 'vote in a Democrat House, Senate and White House' so we can pass the gun control bill we really secretly want. To do that, they need to put a cork in Beat-hole.

View attachment 617687

I really wish people would leave Butt-Head out of this. He's just a kid.

Beto's "hell yeah I'm taking your AR15" speech is a soundbite that will get played over and over again.

I really wish people would leave Butt-Head out of this. He's just a kid.

Beto's "hell yeah I'm taking your AR15" speech is a soundbite that will get played over and over again.

It's not about AR-15s, it's about immortality.

100 years from now, when a progressive says 'common sense gun control....' a 2A supporter will quote Beto.

If they do pass a National BGC then we need to press to have the firearm not be part of the process in order to prevent a de facto gun registry. The firearm can be checked separately to see if it's been reported lost, stolen, or otherwise not allowed to be transferred. I could live with this easier than the system as is and I don't see any plausible reason the the person and the firearm to be listed together except to provide a registry.

That said I'm against BGC's. If you aren't locked up or committed then your right to defend yourself, loved ones, and Country should not be taken away. Civil rights apply to everyone equally and none should be more or less equal than others.

If sentences were appropriate to the crime and all time is served then IMO you should be considered a full citizen having paid your debit to society. If you can't be trusted with a gun then you can't be trusted on the outside. Same goes for mental institutions. If you are a threat to yourself or others you should not be released.

I sort of use a VOTING TEST.....

If you can vote, then you should be allowed all of your "RIGHTS".

What about those convicts in prison and the mentally ill (who currently, in some places, have the vote)?

Yup.....WHY do they get to vote? :eek: Seems to me, that would/could be an easy fix.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but as always. The devil is in the details.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads