JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Idaho Statesman 12-28-2018
"Prosecutor sues Justice Department over man shot 59 times

ATLANT -A Georgia prosecutor is suing the U.S. Department of Justice over its refusal to provide information about how officers shot 59 bullets into a schizophrenic college student.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said Friday that federal authorities have blocked his prosecutors from interviewing the officers who killed Jamarion Robinson, 26.

Howard said the federal agency has also stymied his investigation of the 2016 killing by refusing to turn over any documents, despite numerous requests during the past two years under the federal Freedom of Information Act."

"A handgun found at the scene was "believed to be associated with Robinson," the GBI said at the time.

The lawsuit also alleges that while officers claimed Mr. Robinson fired at them three times with a gun found later in his apartment, "when the firearm was recovered, it was damaged and inoperable."

Prosecutor sues Justice Department over man shot 59 times

So why would the government want to hide any thing. Maybe the reason is if you going to use a throw down gun maybe you should make sure it works first. Sorry I support law enforcement but this one smells bad to me and I hope I am wrong.

I hope they get the answers and if something went wrong it comes to light.

The article also states that more than 90 rounds had been fired and only 59 where hits.

I do hope the State prosecutor gets access to at least some of the evidence describing the events. I don't like the idea of government secretly killing people.

As a request please don't color your text. Leave it default it is hard to read on smaller devices and since links are colored, coloring text that is NOT a link it is somewhat confusing as to what to click on.

As a request please don't color your text. Leave it default it is hard to read on smaller devices and since links are colored, coloring text that is NOT a link it is somewhat confusing as to what to click on.

Not a problem I was doing it to separate the story from my comments and to show different sections of the article being quoted. Trying to help not hinder.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top