JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To add to the discussion of revolvers vs. semi-autos for concealed carry that has been going on in some threads lately I made a video detailing what I feel to be the pros and cons of both. In the video I discuss size, weight, reliability, capacity, caliber, and even person threat assessment. Please leave some comments if you disagree with me and my opinions. I have been getting nothing but supportive comments on youtube lately and it would be nice to hear some dissenting opinions for a change. Feel free to agree though.

YouTube - Revolver vs. Semi-auto for Concealed Carry

Well, okAAY...
In the video you showed the guns to be empty, you personally know your guns & know them to be empty. However, for the general audience viewing, I would display proper gun handling by not sticking my finger on the trigger.
It was another well done & informative vid. Good job & thanks for putting that up.

Well, okAAY...
In the video you showed the guns to be empty, you personally know your guns & know them to be empty. However, for the general audience viewing, I would display proper gun handling by not sticking my finger on the trigger.
It was another well done & informative vid. Good job & thanks for putting that up.
Thanks, but considering I am showing gun ergonomics and actually pulling the triggers in many cases putting my finger on the trigger is necessary. Many instances of demonstrating a gun or testing it's function require pulling the trigger. Not to mention proper training requires dry firing. That old "never put your finger on the trigger" garbage is just hyperbole. The whole "guns are never safe" mentality is so overdone. They are tools. An unloaded and properly cleared gun is no more dangerous than a nail gun that is disconnected from the compressor hose.

hey, those nail guns are dangerous. Even unhooked. I dropped one on my toostie.
Oh, I sure am glad you cleared those weapons I would hate to see a live round ejected during your video. Oh wait I did on your previous video.:s0114::s0114:

Last Edited:
great video! The part on being realistic about threat assessment was good. I also liked how you explained your reasoning behind each decision you were making.

great video! The part on being realistic about threat assessment was good. I also liked how you explained your reasoning behind each decision you were making.

Thanks. I feel it is important to express why I am making these decisions. So many people get caught up in the fantasy of self defense (they are constantly being sold these unrealistic scenarios by self defense schools, video games, and the internet) that they forget to consider the realities.

hey, those nail guns are dangerous. Even unhooked. I dropped one on my toostie.
Oh, I sure am glad you cleared those weapons I would hate to see a live round ejected during your video. Oh wait I did on your previous video.:s0114::s0114:

My cousin actually shot himself in the femur with a framing nailer (two months before he got married). I'm a carpenter and am frequently reminded how the pneumatic tools we use are strikingly similar to firearms. It's very easy to injure yourself or someone else with a nail gun. In the words of Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) always remember, "Safety 3rd!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top