JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a Federal UBGC would change is it would get them up one more rung on the ladder to their goal. Cause when nothing a out "mass shootings " changed they would just move to the next thing to sharp about until they get that rung and so on.
The first problem with national gun control laws is that you have San Francisco and Detroit politicians who ruined their cities with liberal policies now dictating how people in rural Idaho should live and how free the government will allow them to be. That is, quite simply, BS.
I may be wrong but hasn't the courts decided that firearm laws should be enacted by the individual states.
And it would give the Federal government another reason/way to keep a list of gun ownership.
No No No. Universal background checks.

I may be wrong but hasn't the courts decided that firearm laws should be enacted by the individual states.
And it would give the Federal government another reason/way to keep a list of gun ownership.
No No No. Universal background checks.
But the courts have also dictated that the Federal Govt can regulate guns within States, specifically if the guns fall under the NFA 1934 laws :rolleyes: (see the Firearms Freedom Act 2008 of Montana versus US, and most recently the case in Kansas or Kentucky related to an unregistered suppressor)

This is a tick-tock thing, it's not going to go away. I think just one of the recent newsworthy killers used a gun that wasn't subject to a BG check, the Odessa TX dude. He couldn't buy one over the counter so he bought one from a private seller.

My belief is that UBC will be in the our future, whether by Federal edict or every state in the union passing their version of it. Not saying I wish for that or agree with it, just have the feeling it won't take too many more examples before they "have to do something".

I believe the SC church shooting is a case where the background laws were in place but either a government agency or local local governments chose not to report as required.

Correct. And I'd add the Virginia Tech Shooter was similar; the piece of work was adjudicated mentally defective, but the state was too incompetent to get that information to NICS. The Texas Church shooter was also a prohibited person, but the Air Force failed six times to get the records to the feds that would have had him in the system.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top