JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You get the government you deserve. Now start planning on moving to a free State and when you get there don't make stupid voting choices.

This is disingenuous to the members here. You are implying that we vote like anti-gun asshats. We are out numbered. Its that simple. Your remark is only worsened by the cowardly follow up of "run away." How about stand up and fight? You make it sound like we are the problem, but it sounds to me its people like you that are the real problem. Maybe if less gun owners moved away, we wouldnt be outnumbered?

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but kind of getting pissed off today.

In the spirit of the Boston Tea Party:

- deny them their tax by purchasing elsewhere

- support and promote existing businesses that move and take tax dollars elsewhere

- collect your brass, ammo cartons, plastic shell inserts, etc and make a dump on the steps of the counsel chambers

- ??????

It passed 8-0!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
They did not listen to anything!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Council member Catherine Ushka said passing the tax is playing "the long game" in addressing gun violence reduction.
More like the long game of depriving citizens of their 2A rights. Despicable.

- support and promote existing businesses that move and take tax dollars elsewhere

- collect your brass, ammo cartons, plastic shell inserts, etc and make a dump on the steps of the counsel chambers

- ??????

This is what I will do. I no longer live in the city so my mail order is fine for now. Those who do can find others who do not live in the city to ship too. I will make a point of never buying anything in the city again. Not just guns and ammo. I will just no longer shop for anything in Tacoma. Sadly this means Mary's has seen the last of me unless they move. They have been my place for a couple decades but sadly no more. Bullseye I am a member of so they will still get me. I will no longer shop for food, tires, eat at restaurants, nothing in the city. Sadly few gun owners will do this. To the "we are outnumbered" folks you are choosing to just ignore facts.
Yes we are outnumbered but a huge number of "us" refuse to do anything. People are shocked this passed? Why? The people who did it will face no problem getting elected again. Many gun owners will have no clue this happened. When they find out they will scream, then do nothing, or worse yet still vote for the people again or throw their vote away. This is again people getting what they vote for then complain.

This is what I will do. I no longer live in the city so my mail order is fine for now. Those who do can find others who do not live in the city to ship too. I will make a point of never buying anything in the city again. Not just guns and ammo. I will just no longer shop for anything in Tacoma. Sadly this means Mary's has seen the last of me unless they move. They have been my place for a couple decades but sadly no more. Bullseye I am a member of so they will still get me. I will no longer shop for food, tires, eat at restaurants, nothing in the city. Sadly few gun owners will do this. To the "we are outnumbered" folks you are choosing to just ignore facts.
Yes we are outnumbered but a huge number of "us" refuse to do anything. People are shocked this passed? Why? The people who did it will face no problem getting elected again. Many gun owners will have no clue this happened. When they find out they will scream, then do nothing, or worse yet still vote for the people again or throw their vote away. This is again people getting what they vote for then complain.

I too am a firm believer that we should boycott these cities that treat law abiding gun owners as lepers!!! The I5 corridor is the lions den.
We used to go to concerts and shows in Seattle but have boycotted it after the Eagles show. Not one more penny!!!
Now we are going to boycott yet another city that regularly has great shows!!!
bubblegum em feed em fish heads, preferably CARP!!!:mad:

Obviously, the tax was meant to shut down the firearms businesses within the city limits.:eek:

What's next? People will just go out of town to buy. The stores will probably move or shut down. Some will probably lose their jobs. Maybe McD is hiring?

But, the gun grabbers will be back......probably, internet sales will be next.

One bite at a time!

Do you still believe in compromise? Do you still consider this, "reasonable and common sense"?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

- ??????

Here is another idea that will directly affect the City of Tacoma, let's call it the "Tacoma Ammo Revolt" aka "TAR"

While I do not believe in civil disobedience, and fully support 1A and 2A rights, I do not think it is illegal to mail harmless materials to the city. If correct, take an empty ammo box and mail it to the mayor/council in care of the city. It won't cost more than a stamp. You can let the mayor/council know you have been happy to spend your funds elsewhere.

ammo envelope.jpg

If people in Tacoma, Washington and other supporters nationwide do so, it will give city staff and the mayor something productive to do with their time! :D

Here is another idea that will directly affect the City of Tacoma, let's call it the "Tacoma Ammo Revolt" aka "TAR"

While I do not believe in civil disobedience, and fully support 1A and 2A rights, I do not think it is illegal to mail harmless materials to the city. If correct, take an empty ammo box and mail it to the mayor/council in care of the city. It won't cost more than a stamp. You can let the mayor/council know you have been happy to spend your funds elsewhere.

View attachment 632743

If people in Tacoma, Washington and other supporters nationwide do so, it will give city staff and the mayor something productive to do with their time! :D

While I like the idea, these snakes could use this as an excuse to use the new ERPO.

Hint, use gloves and a fake return address...

While I like the idea, these snakes could use this as an excuse to use the new ERPO.

Hint, use gloves and a fake return address...

I was thinking the same thing. They will run to the press and call it threats. There is only one thing politicians care about, losing. If this gets some voted out of office is the only way they change. It would be great if 90% or so of the gun owners just refused to shop in Tacoma any more. It will not happen since gun owners as a whole refuse to do anything yet. If we could get a major percentage to just stop shopping in Tacoma it would make a HUGE difference. This would cause the people in charge to run around raising other taxes and maybe, just maybe, some would finally get enough and vote them out. Even for those who live and work in Tacoma it's super easy to not shop there. Not just guns, don't buy anything there.

I was thinking the same thing. They will run to the press and call it threats. There is only one thing politicians care about, losing. If this gets some voted out of office is the only way they change. It would be great if 90% or so of the gun owners just refused to shop in Tacoma any more. It will not happen since gun owners as a whole refuse to do anything yet. If we could get a major percentage to just stop shopping in Tacoma it would make a HUGE difference. This would cause the people in charge to run around raising other taxes and maybe, just maybe, some would finally get enough and vote them out. Even for those who live and work in Tacoma it's super easy to not shop there. Not just guns, don't buy anything there.

If, and that's a big IF, gun owners in Tacoma were to stop buying guns and ammo there. But they must patronize those gun shops that have so much to lose with other purchases to keep them afloat until we get this settled or the inevitable.

We have added Tacoma to our growing Boycott list.
NOT ONE MORE PENNY!!!
It's not really that hard to do, just make it a plan to not shop there. Make sure that you have enough fuel, snacks, food or whatever while you're driving through that area so you do not have to stop and spend not one more penny there.
It would be ok to stop and use the facilities though but resist the urge to buy anything.

If, and that's a big IF, gun owners in Tacoma were to stop buying guns and ammo there. But they must patronize those gun shops that have so much to lose with other purchases to keep them afloat until we get this settled or the inevitable.

We have added Tacoma to our growing Boycott list.
NOT ONE MORE PENNY!!!
It's not really that hard to do, just make it a plan to not shop there. Make sure that you have enough fuel, snacks, food or whatever while you're driving through that area so you do not have to stop and spend not one more penny there.
It would be ok to stop and use the facilities though but resist the urge to buy anything.
Sadly I am not going to shop at Mary's any more since they are in the city. I am sorry this will hurt them, but they will have to move if they want me again. Even for those who live there grocery shopping, clothes shopping, tire, car care, all of it. There is places just outside the city. Take your dollars out of the city. Most will not do this sadly.

I plan on giving Mary's some more business before this tax takes effect. It might help them with moving costs

I plan on giving Mary's some more business before this tax takes effect. It might help them with moving costs

I feel very sad for these businesses who are going to be affected by this, just like the ones in Seattle that moved because of these draconic measures.
This measure will make them get involved in the political scene in their area. One of two things will happen, they will roll over and except it or they will fight it and I sure hope that the community members that use their services will be there to fight with them.

All that TPTB on the left want control of those who oppose them!!!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads